Texas DOT to Install Federally Funded Highway Speed Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas DOT to Install Federally Funded Highway Speed Cameras

Man, what happened to the coolness of this state?

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1800.asp

That blows.......:nonono:

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

We are going to need to develop a cloaking device for our cars before long.

Comment

Big Brother looking out for you.

Comment

I have always wondered why they didnt employ this on the tollways here in Houston. Guess if they test this crap out you will have a bunch of law abiding citizens.

5mph over to get a warning if just lame, you waould have to either be in cruze control, or be staring at your speedometer every few seconds.

If they honestly want to get people to slwo down why dont they just force us all to have goveners that restrict our speed, this BS is nothign but about making $$$$

Back Home

Comment

Marble Falls mayor has it right when he says its hypocritical that the municipality cannot do what the state is trying to do. Notice the article only talked about the revenue it generated. Not one single mention of any safety related issue, probably because there isn't one!

Time for me to re-join: http://www.motorists.com/

Comment

BTW here is a good read in wikipedia, towards the bottom it talks about how the UK is now seeing that they dont help accidents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_camera

Back Home

Comment

Originally posted by bjurasz View Post
                Marble Falls mayor has it right when he says its hypocritical that the municipality cannot do what the state is trying to do. Notice the article only talked about the revenue it generated. Not one single mention of any safety related issue, probably because there isn't one!
                I was just about to point out the same thing...
                In its request for proposals, TxDOT cited success of speed cameras in the UK, which generated £120 million (US $240 million) in revenue in 2003, and in Washington, DC, which has generated $217 million in revenue with its red light and speed cameras since 1999.
                Bastards.

Well, I guess the drive to TWS will need to be a little bit more careful in the future...
                "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

I hope they only take front shots - no front license plate = no ticket! (until they start enforcing that law more, too, at least)
                  Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                  '08 Ridgeline RTL
                  '02 Z06

Comment

Again, it's time to get the hell out of Texas

I am guessing it does rear plates, just like traffic lights cameras, so it can get the people with out of state plates, like New Mexico
                    Coop
                    Life Member 57
                    Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
                    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
                    Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post
                      Well, I guess the drive to TWS will need to be a little bit more careful in the future...
                      That is if they ever finish the construction. I drove up to see Coop on Sunday it's a mess all over the place.
                      Thanks,
                      Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Some additional useful links to add to this subject, not that im for big brother watching me

http://www.driveandstayalive.com:80/.../stats-usa.htm

http://www.innovations-report.com/ht...ort-55545.html

Back Home

Comment

Wow... so much for radars then?

Comment

Originally posted by bjurasz View Post

Time for me to re-join: http://www.motorists.com/
                            So what is motorists.com, I clicked it and it said I am not allowed to see the page?
                            1st..
                            Favorite Quotes:
                            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." ~ Ben Franklin

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~ T. S. Elliot

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote..." ~ Ben Franklin

"My memory of you is better than you." ~ Lao Tzu

Comment

My typo. Should have been motorists.org but I can't get to it either. Strange! Google National Motorists Association.

Comment

wow that sucks, sucks real bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                                  Again, it's time to get the hell out of Texas
                                  The problem is, if not Texas . . . then where??

I'm visiting family near "Big Brother Central". It's not like you can escape these guys. They are all over the place.

One thing I like about Texas is the strong independent nature. If you are looking to be more independent, you will have to move somewhere like Montana or Alaska.

Of course, you could follow a lot of our jobs and financing and go off shore somewhere. Unless we can get the government turned around, I would expect more regulation in all areas of our lives that will result in further harm to Americans and the American economy.

BTW, the French are starting to move more conservative . . . Kind of odd that we are moving more liberal when the French are moving more conservative.

Comment

OH ok I found it. The web site I mean.
                                    Favorite Quotes:
                                    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." ~ Ben Franklin

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~ T. S. Elliot

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote..." ~ Ben Franklin

"My memory of you is better than you." ~ Lao Tzu

Comment

rockfish, the French have discovered that the rich are not as rich as one might think and you can't tax them enough to pay for all the French's social programs. Hence their move back towards the middle. Democrats over here have not learned this yet. I'd love to vote Democrat (well, actually did in '06) because I like their ideals. Its their solutions that scare me.

Its easy to sell the public on red light cameras and automated speeding tickets because its easy to convince them that it really will make roads safer, no matter what the reality is. Don't you think its odd that a society so afraid of Big Brother will willingly put their lives online in Blogs and Myspace? Puzzling...

Comment

The Dem’s are very creative. The Honorable Senator Byrd (D) managed to get a Coast Guard station in West Virginia.

I’m not sure that makes our coastal areas safer, but I certainly admire the creativity it took to pull that off.

Comment

Working...
                                        X