Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, new member here, I just bought a 2003 Silverstone S2k. I am doing a “fly and drive”. I will be flying to Atlanta next week and driving back to SATX.

I’m a BMWCCA member and have done some drives through the Hill Country (Annual Bluebonnet drive).

I look forward to meeting fellow S2k owners and hope to do a group meetup/drive soon.

-george

Have a great drive home in your new car. Welcome to the club!
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

A new member who introduced himself too. Cool.

Congratulations on your new car! I hope you enjoy the adventure.
      -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
      California Dreamin'

“You need to resist the temptation to communicate via words that are not your own and which only vaguely apply to your specific situation.” -R. Waterland

Oh bugger!

Comment

So now there are two Georges in SA. How confusing!

Welcome George!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Welcome George, hope you have many happy miles in your new S!
          2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Welcome aboard, George...Maybe you can make it to Gettysburg..
            MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Welcome aboard. You have joined a fine group.

Comment

Welcome. It sounds like you are going to have some fun picking up your car and driving it home. There are some great roads around San Antonio. I look forward to meeting you on a drive.
                2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                  So now there are two Georges in SA. How confusing!

Welcome George!
                  Since there are now 2 of us, you'll have to be very clear about which one you're talking about.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
                  Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

I suggest the two of you become acquainted and set up a drive or two. I'm sure George II will have some questions and want to take his new baby out for some fun twisty action.

sigpic
                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I think you need to join them so it will be a silver convention.
                      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Happy Saturday everybody! T-minus 4 days until I pick up the S2k...but who’s counting, right?

I’m definitely game to meet all ye locals, not to mention and for a fun jaunt through the Hill Country...I’ve enjoyed several trips around the Willow City Loop in my E90, and short excursions around Gruene & Canyon Lake areas when I had a 10AE Miata. I’m excited to enjoy open air motoring again.

On the drive back to SATX from ATL, I plan to stop at Grand Turismo East for a performance alignment. After I finish up there, the plan is to mosey through the GA & AL backroads to Keesler AFB for an overnight stay.

Does anybody have any recommended stops along the route? The trip does has a relatively short timeframe...I want to be back in time for work on Monday.
                        Last edited by lab_rat; 06-15-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

If you're going through Mobile, AL, you might consider spending a couple of hours at the USS Alabama museum. They have airplanes and a submarine too. See how the Navy guys did it back in the day...

sigpic

Comment

I made the trip from Atlanta to Houston. I did not find any good stops along the way....

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                              If you're going through Mobile, AL, you might consider spending a couple of hours at the USS Alabama museum. They have airplanes and a submarine too. See how the Navy guys did it back in the day...
                              YES! The USS Drum, an old Gato Class diesel/electric WW2 sub, it's high on my bucket list!
                              2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by lab_rat View Post
                                Happy Saturday everybody! T-minus 4 days until I pick up the S2k...but who’s counting, right?
                                Seems like it should be down to one day left now before your big adventure.
                                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

“You need to resist the temptation to communicate via words that are not your own and which only vaguely apply to your specific situation.” -R. Waterland

Oh bugger!

Comment

Absolutely, today feels as if work is dragging by...I’m already packed and ready for the morning flight.

Comment

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Oh bugger!

Comment

lab_rat Have you successfully made it back to San Antonio?

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
                                      Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Working...
                                      X