All my Texas friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All my Texas friends

With all this bitter cold hitting Texas hope everyone came through it with no severe damage.
    2003 S2000 Grand Prix white
    2010 Honda Accord EXL
    2012 Honda CRV EXL

Join S2KCA today!
    Mile High Chapter

Let me echo Terry and say I hope everyone came through okay and that things will be back to normal soon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Random Fact: Cows can walk up stairs but not down them.

Comment

Ditto Ken! Stay safe, stay warm guys, hope you're all come through unscathed!
      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

We have our fair share of headaches. Apparently my home winterization skills need improvement! We had a néw tankless water heater installed outside that did not survive . I did better with the cold water so at least we have cold water and power .
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
        Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
        Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

If you have cold water and power you should have hot water, at least in small quantities. We've had a string of power outages, but we have a gas stove. Whenever the power went out we could at least make coffee. My wife cannot survive without coffee! (In her order of importance: Air-Coffee-Heat-Food-Water)
          2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

You are correct. I can heat cold water on the stove in pans and have hot water as needed. Many in Houston are suffering . Many have no water and wrecked houses from broken pipes. I have learned a few lessons as many of my fellow southerners.
            2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Generally we take the approach that if it gets too cold you have not moved south far enough. I would expect key west to get a few new residents however it will be a little difficult to fit 4 million of us on the keys. We will for sure need to build several more interstate highways and pour millions of tons of concrete to make us feel at home. Perhaps after we annex Cuba into the city we will have enough space to rebuild.

Comment

We made it through. Still needing to boil water, but that should be cleared up in the next 12-24 hours. No issues with water until water went out for the whole city, then turned it off at the street and drained pipes to make sure there wouldn't be any freezing. Have come to the conclusion that good running water is more important than electricity and heat. (But I have a lot of clothes for winter that many here don't.)

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

I, too, have been thinking of our Texas "S2KCA family" and although it sounds like you have been hit pretty hard, I pray that you are starting to get back to normal and everyone will stay safe.
                  S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
                  Casselton, ND

Comment

We have no hot water. It is likely to be weeks before I can get it fixed. While I enjoy romantic jesters. Pouring boiling water in the bathtub for ms speedracer is getting a little old.

Comment

We no longer have to boil water and everything seems good here. Sorry to hear about the hot water Speedracer.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                        We have no hot water. It is likely to be weeks before I can get it fixed. While I enjoy romantic jesters. Pouring boiling water in the bathtub for ms speedracer is getting a little old.
                        Hay.. should be major "brownie points"!
                        (If you don't complain about it)

Comment

We had no power for over 2 days. it was freezing cold inside. We did have wood for the fireplace, but it didn't provide much heat. A pipe froze and broke above the master BR, so the water had to be shut off at the curb. I was able to cap the broken pipe the next day, so we had wate again, but with very low pressure. No wifi, no internet.. We had to use pool water for flushing toilets. Glad to be slowly normalizing now. John, come over if you need anything or if we can help.

Comment

Originally posted by S1997 View Post
                            We had no power for over 2 days. it was freezing cold inside. We did have wood for the fireplace, but it didn't provide much heat. A pipe froze and broke above the master BR, so the water had to be shut off at the curb. I was able to cap the broken pipe the next day, so we had wate again, but with very low pressure. No wifi, no internet.. We had to use pool water for flushing toilets. Glad to be slowly normalizing now. John, come over if you need anything or if we can help.
                            Thank you for the kind offer Jim. We have power and cold water back online and getting back to normal.

Comment

Néw hot water heater scheduled for delivery Wednesday.

Comment

Is it RED?
                                S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                                  Is it RED?
                                  White

Comment

Lunchtime update. The hot water heater box arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                                      Lunchtime update. The hot water heater box arrived.
                                      Hope there was a tank in the box!
                                      David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                                      '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                                      '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                                      '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                      '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                                      '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                                      '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

It was from California. No tellin what is in the box. Maybe jayson?

Comment

Working...
                                        X