Hookup at a Toyota dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hookup at a Toyota dealer?

I'm considering buying a Toyota, but every place I've ever tried to buy a car in Texas has been inflexible about prices, and because of this, I haven't bought a single car in the state of Texas.

Do you know a Toyota dealer that's particularly easy to deal with and will work on price? I bought my last three cars in Nebraska, California, and Oklahoma rather than deal with the rapists known as car dealers here in Texas, so I'm willing and happy to travel if it means that I'll get a better price.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
    '02 S2000 NFR S/C
    '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
    Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

I'll bet you could get a good deal on a new Tundra!

Call my friend Joe, he used to work @ Toyota of Dallas and got me an older Tundra (when they weren't discounted much) at invoice less rebate. He kept a good relationship w/ the fleet mgr. even after he left.
    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

Comment

Good luck - I hate Toyota dealers. They know their product sells itself, so they put complete slimeballs in oversized suites in the showrooms. Yuk!!!!

Comment

I know the Fleet Manager at Stering McCall Toyota. I know the General Manager at Austin Infiniti.

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

Nissan.
          Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club!

Comment

Originally posted by uwimage View Post
            Nissan.
            She has a Maurano that is just not being too nice right now.

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by asnbanker View Post
              She has a Maurano that is just not being too nice right now.
              2000 Frontier here, crew cab, 7 year, 100K warrenty, no problems, well, I replaced the CD player twice (I had bad CD's after all ), and an A/C part was replaced...we're now at 7 years 91K miles...Crossing my fingers...nothing else but tires, breaks and oil...also an owner of 4 other Nissan's with no problems, sorry you had problems with the Maurano!

Comment

Originally posted by SondraS2k View Post
                I'm considering buying a Toyota, but every place I've ever tried to buy a car in Texas has been inflexible about prices, and because of this, I haven't bought a single car in the state of Texas.

Do you know a Toyota dealer that's particularly easy to deal with and will work on price? I bought my last three cars in Nebraska, California, and Oklahoma rather than deal with the rapists known as car dealers here in Texas, so I'm willing and happy to travel if it means that I'll get a better price.
                I can make a call to the Fleet Manager here in Stering McCall if you really want something. You can be up front with him about what your looking for and what price you looking to get out the door with. He's cool to work with. He doesn't deal with Customers really anymore, but he will for people I send to him.

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by asnbanker View Post
                  I can make a call to the Fleet Manager here in Stering McCall if you really want something. You can be up front with him about what your looking for and what price you looking to get out the door with. He's cool to work with. He doesn't deal with Customers really anymore, but he will for people I send to him.
                  Yeah, but then she'd have to go to Houston, can you imagine the humidity? Awful...

Comment

Good luck. If the title has "CAR" anywhere in the title than it's a code word for whore. CAR dealership, CAR salesman, CAR repair, CAR bodyshop, you get the idea. Hope you find something soon.

Note: No offense to anyone in the club who holds one of the above titles....but you know I'm right! JK HA!

Alex, I like the S in your signature rollin' on 24's! That's pimpin'.
                    '10 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic
                    '09 Chevrolet HHR Panel White (company car)
                    '08 Infiniti G35S Black Obsidian
                    '02 Chevrolet Z-71 Silverado Gray

Comment

I have been very happy with the Murano overall. I think we got the gremlin out of it (suspected intermittent compressor lockup), but with my needing to haul clients around in it, I think I'm ready for something with better fuel consumption numbers. That's really the only reason I'm selling it: I just can't choke down 17-22 mpg and $50+ fillups anymore. I always said if anything happened to it that I'd buy another one, and that would still hold true if gas prices hadn't gone up nearly $1/gal since I bought it.

Someone convince Nissan to make a hybrid Murano and I'll happily stay in the Nissan family
                      "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                      -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                      '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                      '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                      Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Originally posted by SondraS2k View Post
                        I have been very happy with the Murano overall. I think we got the gremlin out of it (suspected intermittent compressor lockup), but with my needing to haul clients around in it, I think I'm ready for something with better fuel consumption numbers. That's really the only reason I'm selling it: I just can't choke down 17-22 mpg and $50+ fillups anymore. I always said if anything happened to it that I'd buy another one, and that would still hold true if gas prices hadn't gone up nearly $1/gal since I bought it.

Someone convince Nissan to make a hybrid Murano and I'll happily stay in the Nissan family
                        Sondra, I know a reputable guy that regularly buys Toyotas (and Hondas) at car auctions for Texans Credit Union. As long as you're interested in buying used (and getting financing via Texans [we do have one here in Austin]), he guarantees he'll find you a great car at a great price. There are a few caveats, though so PM me if you're interested. (and yes he's 100% legit).

Comment

Working...
                        X