Track Event Tech Inspections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Event Tech Inspections

I just got an e-mail from Rick over at the Driver's Edge. There was a note about tech inspections that I thought I would share:

Tech forms will be honor[ed for] up to 6 months after date performed. You’ll still need to hand one in [at] each event attended, but only have to get them certified by a ASE certified mechanic, approved shop once every 6 months instead of every event.
    So I would recommend that you keep a copy of your tech inspection forms for future events. Also if you are getting a tech inspection for a TDE event, you may also want to be prepared and take a MSC tech form and have your inspector sign off both.

Good point...

Comment

It's been like this for a while. But, be careful how you interpret this. I know that I'm preaching to the choir to us "track rats", but for those new to the track:

You really need to inspect your car _every time_ before you go out to a track weekend. What Rick is saying is that you only need an ASE-certified mechanic to do this once every six months, but I believe he still intends for _you_ to inspect your car and fill out a tech inspection before each event. Not just turn in a copy of your old tech inspection from up to 6 months ago.

This is all just IMHO, but I would still recommend doing it this way. It's a safety issue.

--michael

Comment

If you are in doubt of your cars condition, get it teched! As Michael said, It's a safety issue.

Comment

Originally posted by weneversleep View Post
          It's been like this for a while. But, be careful how you interpret this. I know that I'm preaching to the choir to us "track rats", but for those new to the track:

You really need to inspect your car _every time_ before you go out to a track weekend. What Rick is saying is that you only need an ASE-certified mechanic to do this once every six months, but I believe he still intends for _you_ to inspect your car and fill out a tech inspection before each event. Not just turn in a copy of your old tech inspection from up to 6 months ago.

This is all just IMHO, but I would still recommend doing it this way. It's a safety issue.

--michael
          Originally posted by trackit View Post
          If you are in doubt of your cars condition, get it teched! As Michael said, It's a safety issue.
          Excellent points. Yes inspect your car yourself in between. As a regular track user, I am always on top of my maintenence. I still visit Curt's for an inspection every 6 months or so.

I also recommend that you visit somewhere like C&C motors (or the other suggested locations) over just your local mechanic. These people know what you intend to do with your car and pay extra attention to things. Curt has always made a suggestion when I have him inspect my car.

Comment

Working...
          X