Fall 2007 AR Boston Mountains Tour (Fall 07BMT), Saturday, October 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2007 AR Boston Mountains Tour (Fall 07BMT), Saturday, October 27th

Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 27th!

Jerome and I are planning the second ever all-day S2000 tour through the Boston Mountains over in Arkansas. Weather permitting, this will happen on Saturday, October 27th.

We had originally intended to change the route significantly from the previous tour back in March, however due to time constraints, the route will be similar, but not exactly the same. So... the tentative plan is to start in Rogers, AR at 9:00 a.m. At the beginning of the tour, each driver (and co-driver) will be given a numbered ticket and a detailed morning and afternoon route which includes a stop for lunch in between. The route has been selected to travel over some of Arkansas' best S roads! From Rogers, we'll head eastward making a big loop through the Boston Mountains and end up in Wiederkehr Village, AR and draw tickets to give away a few very nice gifts.

We'd like to get an idea of how many of you plan on attending so we can make reservations for lunch and dinner. So, please post your thoughts/interest here!

Important! In order to arrive at our lunch stop on time, we need to leave our starting point at 9am. Therefore, please arrive no later than 8:30 with a full fuel tank. We will start/meet at Starbucks' parking lot (MAP) which is just across the street from the McDonald's where we met last spring.

List of Attendees by State:

Oklahoma
    JulieU
    Janet&Travis
    eDiesel
    vbmarcus
    aerotec100

Texas
    mic_crispy
    3vilmonkey!

Arkansas
    jmoore2k/Jerome
    fadiss2k (maybe)
    55s2k
    timsmi
    racin_guy21
    Lextacy2000 (maybe)
    btm7687
    Black S
    Last edited by JulieU; 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM.

Consider this a little sneak peak of what's in store for us this Saturday. Here are a few pix from our pre-drive!

Comment

Julie, Thanks for posting the three pre-drive pics! The weatherman says that we will have a clear sky and daytime high temps in the upper 60's for our Saturday, 27 October '07, Fall Boston Mountains Tour. There should be good fall color on the trees this Saturday. We have some really nice Honda and S2000 type gifts to raffle off at the supper following the Tour. I know participants will have a great time, and we hope you can make this Tour.

Jerome
      NW Arkansas
      Black Stealth S2000
      Last edited by Jerome; 10-22-2007, 08:49 PM.

Comment

These photos are beautiful...

Comment

Thanks!

Things to consider bringing: Two-way radios (tuned to channel 4), cameras, camera mounts, tripods, swimwear, basic tools - just in case (socket set, pliers, wrenches), Fix-a-Flat, spare fuses, basic first aid kit.

Comment

Here are some more photos and comments made about this event in other threads...

Originally posted by Janet&Travis, Oct 29 2007, 12:10 AM

Originally posted by eDiesel, Oct 28 2007, 09:39 PM
            WOW! i cant express how thrilling this was. I got to meet awesome people, See jaw dropping scenes ,and the best part of all is that i got to learn how to truly drive an s2000.
            Originally posted by mic_crispy, Oct 29 2007, 12:11 AM
            Here are some pics from the Boston Mountains Tour that we did this past weekend... The pictures are not the best.. its very hard for your passenger to take smooth pics when youre flying down 2 lane roads / jerking your car around + stiff coilovers.. and the bug guts where freaking out the auto focus.. but she did what she could

Anyway it was a GREAT turnout as always. The roads are AMAZINGLY fun. I didnt get any pics of all the cars together, but we had about 16? cars out there. I mainly got pics of the road / scenery Enjoy:

Driving (amazing curves!):

Turbo'd S2k...

Only Real Group pic that i got:
            Originally posted by Lextacy2000, Oct 29 2007, 02:13 AM
            Awesome group and drive! I had a blast. Its going be sad missing the upcoming ones... maybe I'll just make the drive through the desert to make it?
            ^ Last sentence is cuz he's moving to Arizona soon.

Originally posted by btm7687, Oct 28 2007, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by racin_guy21, Oct 28 2007, 09:00 PM
            Awesome drive, can't wait for the next one. I had more fun on this drive than I did at WTD! Glad to meet everyone, look forward to seeing you guys again soon. Until then, drive safe.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vilmonkey!, Oct 31 2007, 11:08 PM
              Enjoy!

THE VIDEO!
              Awesome video!

Comment

Great video!

Must be tough trying to keep up with that 70 year old in his black beast!
                Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                '07 VW Touareg V6
                '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Working...
                X