Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB: MSC Membership (Track time)

Greetings

I wanted to find out how many would be interested in buying membership for MSC. Last year we did one and 12 of us got in and got a great price too. It was just over 200 per event for a block of six events. With that it came with priority for placement in the event, a covered pit. Oh and if you don't use all the events in the year, you can carry them over to the next year.

I for one will be doing it again this year.

Who else is intersted?

Maybe....what is the cost of membership?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

around $1200

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_337 View Post
        around $1200
        That is about right. We paid a little more than that last year for a six event package. That include a cover pit stall too.

If you look at the math for a TDE event
        $275-$295 x 6 events = $1650-$1770
        Pit stall fee $25 x 6 events = $150

So you can see there is some savings to be had if you can plan ahead and join in on a GB.

MSC rates were (Note these were for 2006)
        Basic: $250.00 for 1 - two day sessions
        Silver: $475.00 for 2 - two day sessions
        Gold: $920.00 for 4 - two day sessions
        Platinum*: $1,350.00 for 6 - two day sessions
        Garage Reservation: $20.00 per day

So we all saved about 150 off the list price. I can say that being able to schedule the event the day before has been great for me. I travel too much and knowing when I can make the event is sometimes hard to plan. Also, MSC has been great to us as a whole. A few of the last GB members have given away their slots to others and MSC was very good about that too. All in all very flexible to work with. Same Track, less folks on the track. 5 20min sessions aday.

Comment

Not to take away from TDE, but I really like MSC. They're so easy and flexible to deal w/, and offer more track time for less $$$. Prob. not as good if you like structure and instruction, but otherwise it's a great value.

Has the '08 schedule been posted yet?
          Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
          '08 Ridgeline RTL
          '02 Z06

Comment

Jeff
            Is there going to be a discount on all of the packages or just the gold?

Comment

i don't know yet. This thread was to gauge interest, with that said, what would you be interested in? Remember you can carry the unused events over to the following year too.

So post up how many events you are interested in.

Comment

I'd like to do Gold if there was a similar discount to the Platinum pkg. I love track events, but trying to work them in w/ dirtbike racing/practice, the street bike, and everything my wife keeps me busy w/ is a tight squeeze!
                Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                '08 Ridgeline RTL
                '02 Z06

Comment

Ok, that is one. Anyone else inerested? We had about 12 last year. Where is everyone else?

Comment

I could probably do silver or gold. This isn't my career.

sigpic
                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I'm still interested.

Anybody else?

Comment

Three is no where near what we had last year. I wonder what happened to everyone this year.

Comment

Speaking for myself only, $1200 is kind of hard to come up with at the end of the year. What is the deadline for sign ups?

sigpic

Comment

I'm a maybe, especially since MSC is the only one that allows open-wheeled cars.

Comment

Working...
                            X