Question for those familiar with San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those familiar with San Antonio

I'm going to a wedding this weekend in S.A. and was wondering where is a good bar that we (bridal party) could go to on Friday night. We're looking for a laid back atmosphere and something relatively close to La Cantera.
    Thanks in advance

Well La Cantera is right next to the University of Texas at San Antonio....so on a friday night pretty much all the bars around the area are pretty loud and what not. There is a restaraunt in La Cantera called Kono Grill thats pretty layed back and has a nice bar too. Thats where I go when I just want a chill night....Good food and good drinks.

Comment

If you want a "laid back atmosphere" ...there is Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com/) but only server beer and its ALL SORTS of beer.

There is also Houlihan's... http://www.houlihans.com/main.aspx

This is several Bars off Blanco and 1604 (Chicago's,Kennedy's,The Pointe)

It all depends on your liking.

Comment

not too far - but nice -

there is a place not too far from la cantera - its called cabo's - i have only been there once and we had a blast. it is a bit different from your typical bar - it has a very relaxed atmosphere - as in couch style seating on one side - and on the other side - it has the more traditional table and chairs theme. i know the downtown area seems to have a few nice bars that have sprung up if you dont mind the drive or wouldnt mind a taxi. enjoy your weekend and best wishes to the future bride and groom.

Comment

YES! Cabo is really good..

Kudos for that one..

Comment

I would expect the resort to have a nice bar, even if a bit on the pricey side. I played golf once at a resort (HIlton) and they had a nice bar there as well.

Comment

Well, I tried to get the group to go over to downtown but we ended up going to Sherlocks which was close to the rehearsal dinner location. Thanks for the suggestions anyway

Comment

holihans of 1604 and blanco is a pretty chill place... also has liter sized long islands for 3 buks

Comment

Working...
                X