Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE MSR Dec 8-9

Anyone going?

I'm registered. Just checking to see if anyone else was in (put S2KCA in as my group affiliation).

I posted here since many in the Houston group won't drive up to the Dallas area.

i'll check my calender,i'd really like to try this track.If not i'll be doing the motorsports club at tws the following week
    (dec.15-16).
    sigpic

Comment

weneversleep Micheal will be there
      Coop
      Life Member 57
      Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
      It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
      Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

I just registered for msr-cresson. Where should i reserve a hotel room at?
        sigpic

Comment

David

Rick said Motel 6 in Benbrook
          Here is the phone number: 817-249-8885

I'm rsvp'd for fri and sat night. Tell them you're with DE and you get 10% off. I assume we will be caravaning together Friday, eh?

Comment

sure
            sigpic

Comment

I'll be there.

Be warned that the Motel 6 in Benbrook, while marginally cleaner than Manor House (in CS), has _very_ small rooms. You have to leave a deposit for the TV remote. And, don't expect things like shampoo or even towels larger than a washcloth. It's very cheap and spartan.

There's lots of options in the area, though. I'm staying at the Hampton Inn, a couple of exits down from the Benbrook exit on I-20.

I'd like to caravan up there with you guys, but I'm not sure when I'll be leaving on Friday (I'm taking the entire day off), and I tend to drive close to the speed limit on the highways (no more than 9 over), so I won't be able to keep up with you guys anyway.

It should be a fun weekend, though... who knows what the weather will be like though.

--michael

Comment

Michael

Don't hold out on us. If there are better options, then please post the phone numbers. I've never been to that area so I have no clue what's crap and what's not.

As for when I can leave, unfortunately, I am not off from work that day and will have to leave around 5:30 (which sucks for traffic heading out 45N).

What time is good for you David?

Comment

hey guys, AC got us a place once and there are some other hotels in a town just west
                  Coop
                  Life Member 57
                  Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
                  It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
                  Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=18076

Here's the post started over on the Dallas forum for this event.

Comment

I've actually only been up there once, and that's when I stayed at the Motel 6. They may "leave the light on for you", but that's about it.

I don't know specific places, but I just remember seeing lots of hotels along I-20 close to the Benbrook exit. You'll have to get on Google Maps for specifics. I found out about the Hampton Inn through a search on the Hampton website.

Comment

Well, after reviewing my options, I decided I will "tough" it out at Motel 6 for this event. After all, I'm only there to sleep and don't mind bringing my own toiletries.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                          hey guys, AC got us a place once and there are some other hotels in a town just west
                          I will be there. As Coop pointed out. I usually stay at the Lodge in Granbury. It's right on the lake and 10 minutes from the track. The rooms are huge two bedrooms, full kitchen, two full baths, dining room, couch and living room over looking the lake. Restaurants are witiin walking distance. It can easly sleep 6. Let me know if your interested and I will get some room rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_337 View Post
                            Michael

Don't hold out on us. If there are better options, then please post the phone numbers. I've never been to that area so I have no clue what's crap and what's not.

As for when I can leave, unfortunately, I am not off from work that day and will have to leave around 5:30 (which sucks for traffic heading out 45N).

What time is good for you David?
                            I'll be busy till 3:30 or so. I can leave anytime after that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Rick said 1.7 cw unless more people sign up.Here's a video of the track run that way.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90730170&hl=en
                              sigpic

Comment

Great video selection. That's Frankie chasing Jefferson Raley. Both are amazing drivers....

Comment

What time are we leaving David?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_337 View Post
                                    What time are we leaving David?
                                    are you still working that day? If you can we should leave around 2-3 p.m.
                                    sigpic

Comment

That may be difficult for me but let me work on that and I will report back later on whether or not it's a go.

Comment

Clockwise? Is that the "normal" direction for the track? I ran it CCW when I was there last spring...

Comment

Working...
                                        X