Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rare find (Med Student should buy this)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rare find (Med Student should buy this)

While dropping off my car for service this morning @ Porsche of Austin, I saw a GORGEOUS 930 Turbo in showroom condition. I was drooling, but I have neither the space nor the $45K they're asking for it.. It's black w/ a tan leather interior.

It'll be a great find for somebody (even better if it goes to a friend), as it looks like it's been stored in a bubble since new.

Excuse the crappy iPhone picture quality, I was in a hurry. Maybe I can can better ones when I go back to p/u my car.
    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

Nice.
    Thanks,
    Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Nah, it's not a Mugen Porsche lol

Comment

Originally posted by hiper View Post
        Nah, it's not a Mugen Porsche lol
        Porsche doesn't need Mugen, b/c they equip them right from the factory.

(running for cover as I throw on my flamesuit)
        Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
        '08 Ridgeline RTL
        '02 Z06

Comment

Oh man, that thing's freakin' gorgeous!!! :drool:

I would take it to the track, flog it, drive it everywhere in Houston with its potholes, and ruin its showroom condition though.

45k is a bit pricier than my F3 car or the $34k UK Ariel Atom that I was offered.

Comment

Depending on the year, it's really not that great of a deal. It looks like a pre-89 Turbo, but later than 79, and between 79-85 the 930s were gray-market.

So, I'm guessing an 86-89 Turbo. They're pretty easy to find in the $20K-high $30K range, depending on mileage and condition.

Comment

My Dad looked at that one. It is truly a gorgeous car. I'm a big fan of the 930 (though I don't like the interior, except its simplicity) and that car is as nice as it gets aside from show cars.

Comment

I don't know anything about the year or market pricing, I was just blown away at how clean it is - better than the new rental car they gave me w/ 4K miles! I hope the next owner appreciates what a great opportunity they stumbled upon, and maintains the car as well as it has been to date.
                Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                '08 Ridgeline RTL
                '02 Z06

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                  Porsche doesn't need Mugen, b/c they equip them right from the factory.

(running for cover as I throw on my flamesuit)

no my friend RUFF is the mugen of the porsche world
                  sigpic

hahaha thought this was funny

Comment

Originally posted by hayabusa1285 View Post
                    no my friend RUFF is the mugen of the porsche world
                    That would be RUF, and there are some key differences. There's no familal relationship w/ Porsche, and they take already high performance cars and make them over the top...vs. Mugen which adds incremental improvements to cars that mere mortals can handle.

RUF is well-respected in the Porsche community, but don't seem to generate the same adulation that Mugen does among hardcore Honda enthusiasts.
                    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                    '08 Ridgeline RTL
                    '02 Z06

Comment

Hot Damn that car is sexy. 930's are pretty much my favorite 911. :drool:

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love those cars. With that said there are two cars that I almost will not instruct in unless I'm behind the wheel. The 930 is one and the 427 Cobra is the other. Too often the owners don't understand or respect the power and for some reason CAN'T seem to listen.

I once saw an owner with the boost turned up burn through and blow a brand new tire in less than five laps at a high speed NCCC autocross.

Comment

With a (stock or nearly so) 930, I'm not so much worried about the power as I am about the lift-off oversteer. Those cars could get scary mid corner if you did any major adjustments, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                            Those cars could get scary mid corner if you did any major adjustments, that's for sure.

Not could, "do" get scary unless in the hands of a very skilled driver. They are beautiful and a blast to drive.

A friend of mine who is fairly skilled went off the track when he went into a turn a little hot and lifted slightly and then jumped on the gas to try to save it. The result was a sideways slide into sand that would have rolled the car if the top hadn't found a pine tree to lean on at about a 50 degree angle. A few thousand dollars and it was about as good as new.

BTW, I would love to have this car in my garage.

Comment

Working...
                            X