Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale: V1 1.7 radar 170 obo

Hey all,

I've got a Valentine 1 1.7 for sale, asking 170 or best offer.

the only difference between the 1.7 and the new 1.8 is that the 1.8 is slightly smaller and i believe it picks up ku band which is only used in Europe. the radar is in pretty good shape. new cost $400.

it may need new suction cups and will need a new power cord. they are about 10 dollars online. i don't have the power cord because it was hardwired to my old car. it works great in the last 3 years ive never gotten a ticket or pulled over.

reason for selling is i need the money, however if some one has a FIPK for trade id consider that as well

Thanks,

Steven
    [email protected]

Wow - nice price. Wish I sped enough to warrant getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
      Wow - nice price. Wish I sped enough to warrant getting one.
      The way the cops have been around here lately, you might want to consider it.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

pics??

Comment

Where are you located? i might be interested.

Comment

im around 281 and 1604 in san antonio

Shot with Sidekick LX at 2008-01-15

sorry the quality is soo poor my girlfriend has my camera. these were taking with my camera phone

Comment

Just FYI -- if this is an older model and you send it in for a firmware upgrade ($75 or thereabouts?) you will most likely get a new, slimmer model back from the factory.
              "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
              Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

that upgrade is closer to $200. i recently went to the V1 website, there is a function that allows you to enter the serial #. it came back that they would send me a new unit for my old one.

Comment

Holy smokes. I must have got some unadvertised special at the time...

Steven -- it might help if you went to the Valentine website and punched in your seria lnumber to find out what an upgrade would cost, and post the cost here.
                  "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                  Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post

Steven -- it might help if you went to the Valentine website and punched in your seria lnumber to find out what an upgrade would cost, and post the cost here.
                    my friend told me it was about 189

i figured i should ask 210 seeing as though you would get a new one for 180 its worth the dif.

this is why i cut back 40 dollars on my price, to make up for the cord and to compensate the purchaser for buying mine instead of spending 400 on a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post

It depends on how old the unit is. If they can update the stuff inside, it's cheaper. If they just give you a new unit because yours is too old, it's $189 (just mailed mine off yesterday, as a matter of fact) plus $20+/- for return shipping. (they want it shipped insured, so it cost me about $10 to send it)

But you can just go on believing that you're special.
                      "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                      -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                      '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                      '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                      Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

x2 ^

they send you the slimmer 1.8

Comment

Well, between you and me, I don't quite follow that logic. So you want people to spend a grand total of $400 and go through some major/minor hassle to get an "effectively new" V1 when they could just spend $400 and get a brand-spanking new one directly from the manufacturer? I don't quite see the incentive, but good luck with your sale...
                          "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

now im not one to brag about my math skills but..

189 + 170 does not equal 400, its closer to 360 and yes, i believe its reasonable and that a reasonable person that wants a new 1.8 would go through the "alleged hassle" to save 30-40 dollars.

or they can use mine as is , its worked for me teh past 3 years

Comment

sold to justin thanks buddy

ordered a new fipk... had to get teh 63 series because i have an 06

once installed ill have the k&n drop in filter for sale next

Comment

Working...
                              X