X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTV showing South by Southwest Music Festival on The 101 HD

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/02/12...on-the-101-hd/
    DirecTV showing South by Southwest Music Festival on The 101 HD

Just days after DirecTV announced the Supreme Court of Comedy series that would soon be hitting The 101 in HD, the firm has now found yet another way to utilize the exclusive channel to its benefit. About a month from now, DirecTV will enable subscribers to listen in to all three days of the South by Southwest Music Festival in Austin, Texas, and yep, each day will indeed be broadcast live in beautiful high-definition. This year's SXSW Live will reportedly feature "24 live performances, backstage interviewes, behind-the-scenes coverage and commentary by music industry experts," and if that wasn't enough, an "interactive feature" will be available via DTV remote controls providing band schedules, information and history. Sound good? Feel free to tune in March 13th through 15th -- things will get kicked off each evening at 5:00PM EST.
    Thanks,
    Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

If you lived in Austin like me you could just go

Comment

Originally posted by poolshark743 View Post
      If you lived in Austin like me you could just go
      Have you actually attended SXSW (music portion)? I went several times way back when, before it became an expense paid spring break for the music industry. It sucks for non-badge wearing fans - lines everywhere, while badge holders (industry types) can zoom on it to the front of the line, and a wristband doesn't guaranty you entry into $hit.

The free shows @ Auditorium Shores are cool, but I wouldn't pay for a wristband.

Having it on HD sounds like a nice option.
      Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
      '08 Ridgeline RTL
      '02 Z06

Comment

Sometimes I agree Chris, but I'll be out there this year.

My band usually plays a gig or two, one of the free ones that is, and we bum around the rest of the time, but not this year. Not worth the effort. Last year was very cool playing with Buffalo Tom, Hoodoo Gurus, The Saints and others, but... it's time to record the new album this weekend. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Randy W View Post
          Sometimes I agree Chris, but I'll be out there this year.

My band usually plays a gig or two, one of the free ones that is, and we bum around the rest of the time, but not this year. Not worth the effort. Last year was very cool playing with Buffalo Tom, Hoodoo Gurus, The Saints and others, but... it's time to record the new album this weekend. =)
          You might as well get that SHAMELESS plug in. What's your band's name?
          Thanks,
          Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Originally posted by joe_s2k View Post
            You might as well get that SHAMELESS plug in. What's your band's name?

www.daylighttitans.com

Also, I'll be working as a stage manager at one of the venues. If you'd like to volunteer and be part of the stage crew, sign up at www.sxsw.com/volunteer

Comment

Working...
            X