Beaumonters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaumonters?

Noobie here. Just bought the Suzuka Blue '04 that was at Carmax in Houston. I only drove one other S2, it was an '06 and didn't get to drive it very far with the salesman yakking in my ear the whole time. Anyone know the history of my car? It apparently was in the Deer Park / Pasadena area before Carmax.

Anyone else in the Beaumont / Port Arthur / Orange area? I would like to compare notes. Seems that my idle is a little rough, clutch engagement is a little abrupt. Would like to get an idea where people take their cars for maintenance in these parts. I have a Honda Pilot also, the one time I took it to the dealer for maintenance (under warranty) I was not overly impressed. I have a drip of coolant showing up on the garage floor that needs attention, and I'm not inclined to work on it much myself.

Thanks in advance.

to the club!!!

First post and your are already a club member! Very Cool!!!

Give a few more details about the car and you might find someone who knows this car! Welcome again to the club, enjoy everything we have to offer!

Comment

i live in beaumont. i drive a silver one with a messed up taillight.

Comment

welcome!!!

Mark (yzer) lives in Beaumont, but I haven't seen him post in ages and not sure if he still has his car.

Comment

Originally posted by medicalstudent View Post
          welcome!!!

Mark (yzer) lives in Beaumont, but I haven't seen him post in ages and not sure if he still has his car.
          Yeah. Where has Mark been?
          Thanks,
          Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

I live quite a ways from Beaumont (I'm in Lufkin) but I go to church in Warren, which is only 35 or 40 minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_s2k View Post
              dunno, haven't seen him post in ages on s2kca, s2ki, or houston-imports. Maybe kraemer knows

Comment

I actually saw him this past weekend. He drove down from Beaumont to meet me at Curt's. I sold him my exhaust.

He's been too busy with work and his new girlfriend to post or go to TWS.

Let's see if he responds....

Comment

Hey whats up guys!!! Yes im still alive Once I finished College, new girlfriend, new job and so on, it has occupied much of my time. I need to get on here a little more...

But I am in Beaumont. I think I have seen your Suzuka around town. I am also in an 04 suzuka, the one with the gold wheels. (I think that was you I have seen?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dmitri1979 View Post
                    He's been too busy with his new girlfriend to post or go to TWS.
                    That's how it usually happens. Girlfriend comes in and everything else becomes a faded memory.
                    Thanks,
                    Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

That's how it usually happens. Girlfriend comes in and everything else becomes a faded memory.
                      ain't that the truth.

Good to see ya back Mark!

Comment

we should have a beaumont mini-meet somewhere. sometime.

Comment

Mark is a great guy and a MASTER detailer....my god....my car has never been so clean! I miss all of you guys =( Denver is nice but I still miss texas.

Comment

Originally posted by ry4nolson View Post
                            That would be cool. Someone pick a date and a place.

I've seen a grey, a black (for sale), and a white one in town. Saw a yellow in Port Arthur. Have not seen your blue/gold wheels, but I'll be on the lookout.

I just filled up for the 3rd time. Mileage went like this:
                            * first fill up-18 (the tank probably wasn't full when tripmeter was reset by dealer),
                            * second fill up-26 (back and forth to work and around town),
                            * third fill up-29! This was about 250 miles of highway driving, usually around 72-73 mph, a little more at times.

Where do you Beaumonters take your car for maintenance? Clutch adjustment? Fluids? Nothing major, just preventive maintenance for the most part since I don't know the history of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by ry4nolson View Post
                              Yes definately. If all you Beaumonters would pm me your numbers I will pm mine back and next time we do a little drive, I will give you guys a call. I may plan a little meet sometime in the near future for our area.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorlon View Post
                                Mark is a great guy and a MASTER detailer....my god....my car has never been so clean! I miss all of you guys =( Denver is nice but I still miss texas.
                                Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. We miss you too!

Comment

yzer, saw a blue S2K Thursday afternoon on Phelan, I think. I should have had the top down. Was it you?

Also saw a dirty red S2K at Wal-Mart in Beaumont last night.

Comment

sorry I have been out of town for a couple days. That was more than likely me. Mine is the one with gold wheels and t1r sparrow exhaust.

Comment

is that your car I always see at the fire station?

Comment

not me. Which fire station? Sorry I missed the rally.

Comment

Working...
                                        X