Thanks/Kudos to Sondra and the other H2R Event Volunteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks/Kudos to Sondra and the other H2R Event Volunteers

Just wanted to say thanks and give a pat on the back to Sondra, Stefan, Kurt, Randy, and all the other volunteers who made today's track day a success.

I had a great time, and I suspect we may have created at least a couple of new track junkies today.

Y'all did a great job w/ the organization, food, and keeping all the groups rolling efficiently. When is the next one?
    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

I would like to echo Chris's thanks and extend them to the H2R crew as well. Y'all did a great job putting together a fantastic event and the track is in excellent shape. I will definitely be back.

THANK YOU!!!!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
      Just wanted to say thanks and give a pat on the back to Sondra, Stefan, Kurt, Randy, and all the other volunteers who made today's track day a success.

I had a great time, and I suspect we may have created at least a couple of new track junkies today.

Y'all did a great job w/ the organization, food, and keeping all the groups rolling efficiently. When is the next one?
      You're very welcome. It's fun to work with such a great group out there. Glad I could be a part of it. Can't wait to do more of those with you guys.

Comment

I'd also like to extend a big thanks to Sondra, Stefan, Kurt, Randy for hosting and helping out with the event. Another big thank you to my instructor, Richard S, for maximizing my track day experience. I can see why they call this crack.

Comment

Photos???

Comment

I echo the comments. Thank you, Sondra and all volunteers for donating your Sunday. Harris Hill is a nice track and I look forward to other events there. Pleasure meeting you all there.

Cheers,
            Ryan

Comment

My thanks too to Sondra and Co.

Kermit, Judy (my wife) and I had a fantastic time. We'll be back for more fun

Comment

Originally posted by bjurasz View Post
                Photos???
                How about some video of the G35 & 128i offs
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYXtxjC4REo&fmt=18
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M6qFXYnDm4&fmt=18

And definitely... Thank you for setting that up. It was a blast.

Edit: Added the 128i off.
                Last edited by lib; 04-06-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lib View Post
                  How about some video of the G35 off
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYXtxjC4REo&fmt=18

And definitely... Thank you for setting that up. It was a blast.
                  Sounds like you had Rene as an instructor, I can tell from his Voice... BTW, he is an awesome instructor...

Comment

Originally posted by TxExige View Post
                    Sounds like you had Rene as an instructor, I can tell from his Voice... BTW, he is an awesome instructor...
                    Yeah, that was Rene. I can't say enough good things about him as an instructor. He was a huge help.

Comment

Thanks Sondra and crew we had a good time.
                      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Awesome time! Thanks everyone!

Grant's photos are up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/se_raus...7616345562063/

Facebook size: $2.00
                        Flickr/Wallpaper size: $4.00 (specify desktop size)
                        Retouched, hi-res file: $10
                        Retouched Hi-Res File - $10.00
                        Printed 8X10 - $15.00
                        Larger print sizes - call for quote

Comment

I had a great time, thanks Sondra for organizing the event.
                          Thanks Randy for showing me the lines on the green run......

Comment

Originally posted by DDSracer View Post
                            I had a great time, thanks Sondra for organizing the event.
                            Thanks Randy for showing me the lines on the green run......
                            You would have figured it out. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Randy W View Post
                              Awesome time! Thanks everyone!

Grant's photos are up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/se_raus...7616345562063/
                              Grant needs to learn motorsports are best shot with slower shutter speeds. You want to see some wheel blur, some background blur. Not a shot that looks like a car parked on the track.

Comment

Understand that. He's only shot a few motorsports events, and not a full track event before. That's the best of my understanding. But he's been in the business for quite some time. Will relay the info.

Comment

I've done a ton of racing photography Randy. Have him fire me an email if he wishes. [email protected].

Shot in shutter-priority mode at 1/125 second and 280mm at Texas World Speedway. My vantage point is bad, but you can see the wheel blur and "feel" the speed.

Comment

I'm glad everyone had a good time! I'm planning the next one for July and debating the merits of a two day event. I welcome your input!
                                    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                                    -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                                    '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                                    '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                                    Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Originally posted by SondraS2k View Post
                                      I'm glad everyone had a good time! I'm planning the next one for July and debating the merits of a two day event. I welcome your input!
                                      For those of us who drive 3+ hrs to get there, it's definitely a better value to do a two day event. I honestly think you lost a couple of Lone Stars last weekend to the TDE event in a couple of weeks due to the value proposition of a one vs two day. Just my .02.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                                      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                                      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                                        For those of us who drive 3+ hrs to get there, it's definitely a better value to do a two day event. I honestly think you lost a couple of Lone Stars last weekend to the TDE event in a couple of weeks due to the value proposition of a one vs two day. Just my .02.
                                        I agree with his points. My main concern -- which may not be a legitimate one -- would be the effects of daytime outside temperature on cars and drivers. I could be wrong but I don't think a lot of DEs are held in the July and August months. A two day event in July could cause more car issues compared to a one day event. I am wondering whether there is also increased risk of off-road excursions due to loss of attention/concentration from the heat. Given my limited experience with DEs, my thoughts could be totally off base.

Comment

Working...
                                        X