Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks/Kudos to Sondra and the other H2R Event Volunteers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks/Kudos to Sondra and the other H2R Event Volunteers

    Just wanted to say thanks and give a pat on the back to Sondra, Stefan, Kurt, Randy, and all the other volunteers who made today's track day a success.

    I had a great time, and I suspect we may have created at least a couple of new track junkies today.

    Y'all did a great job w/ the organization, food, and keeping all the groups rolling efficiently. When is the next one?
    Chris



    '13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

  • #2
    I would like to echo Chris's thanks and extend them to the H2R crew as well. Y'all did a great job putting together a fantastic event and the track is in excellent shape. I will definitely be back.

    THANK YOU!!!!

    "It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain


    sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chris S View Post
      Just wanted to say thanks and give a pat on the back to Sondra, Stefan, Kurt, Randy, and all the other volunteers who made today's track day a success.

      I had a great time, and I suspect we may have created at least a couple of new track junkies today.

      Y'all did a great job w/ the organization, food, and keeping all the groups rolling efficiently. When is the next one?
      You're very welcome. It's fun to work with such a great group out there. Glad I could be a part of it. Can't wait to do more of those with you guys.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd also like to extend a big thanks to Sondra, Stefan, Kurt, Randy for hosting and helping out with the event. Another big thank you to my instructor, Richard S, for maximizing my track day experience. I can see why they call this crack.

        Comment


        • #5
          Photos???

          Comment


          • #6
            I echo the comments. Thank you, Sondra and all volunteers for donating your Sunday. Harris Hill is a nice track and I look forward to other events there. Pleasure meeting you all there.

            Cheers,
            Ryan

            Comment


            • #7
              My thanks too to Sondra and Co.

              Kermit, Judy (my wife) and I had a fantastic time. We'll be back for more fun

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bjurasz View Post
                Photos???
                How about some video of the G35 & 128i offs
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYXtxjC4REo&fmt=18
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M6qFXYnDm4&fmt=18

                And definitely... Thank you for setting that up. It was a blast.

                Edit: Added the 128i off.
                Last edited by lib; 04-06-2009, 03:46 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lib View Post
                  How about some video of the G35 off
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYXtxjC4REo&fmt=18

                  And definitely... Thank you for setting that up. It was a blast.
                  Sounds like you had Rene as an instructor, I can tell from his Voice... BTW, he is an awesome instructor...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TxExige View Post
                    Sounds like you had Rene as an instructor, I can tell from his Voice... BTW, he is an awesome instructor...
                    Yeah, that was Rene. I can't say enough good things about him as an instructor. He was a huge help.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks Sondra and crew we had a good time.
                      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Awesome time! Thanks everyone!

                        Grant's photos are up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/se_raus...7616345562063/

                        Facebook size: $2.00
                        Flickr/Wallpaper size: $4.00 (specify desktop size)
                        Retouched, hi-res file: $10
                        Retouched Hi-Res File - $10.00
                        Printed 8X10 - $15.00
                        Larger print sizes - call for quote

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I had a great time, thanks Sondra for organizing the event.
                          Thanks Randy for showing me the lines on the green run......

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DDSracer View Post
                            I had a great time, thanks Sondra for organizing the event.
                            Thanks Randy for showing me the lines on the green run......
                            You would have figured it out. =)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Randy W View Post
                              Awesome time! Thanks everyone!

                              Grant's photos are up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/se_raus...7616345562063/
                              Grant needs to learn motorsports are best shot with slower shutter speeds. You want to see some wheel blur, some background blur. Not a shot that looks like a car parked on the track.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Understand that. He's only shot a few motorsports events, and not a full track event before. That's the best of my understanding. But he's been in the business for quite some time. Will relay the info.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I've done a ton of racing photography Randy. Have him fire me an email if he wishes. [email protected].

                                  Shot in shutter-priority mode at 1/125 second and 280mm at Texas World Speedway. My vantage point is bad, but you can see the wheel blur and "feel" the speed.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I'm glad everyone had a good time! I'm planning the next one for July and debating the merits of a two day event. I welcome your input!
                                    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                                    -Mahatma Gandhi

                                    '14 Audi S4
                                    '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                                    '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                                    Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by SondraS2k View Post
                                      I'm glad everyone had a good time! I'm planning the next one for July and debating the merits of a two day event. I welcome your input!
                                      For those of us who drive 3+ hrs to get there, it's definitely a better value to do a two day event. I honestly think you lost a couple of Lone Stars last weekend to the TDE event in a couple of weeks due to the value proposition of a one vs two day. Just my .02.

                                      "It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain


                                      sigpic
                                      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                                      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                                        For those of us who drive 3+ hrs to get there, it's definitely a better value to do a two day event. I honestly think you lost a couple of Lone Stars last weekend to the TDE event in a couple of weeks due to the value proposition of a one vs two day. Just my .02.
                                        I agree with his points. My main concern -- which may not be a legitimate one -- would be the effects of daytime outside temperature on cars and drivers. I could be wrong but I don't think a lot of DEs are held in the July and August months. A two day event in July could cause more car issues compared to a one day event. I am wondering whether there is also increased risk of off-road excursions due to loss of attention/concentration from the heat. Given my limited experience with DEs, my thoughts could be totally off base.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X