Houston : PDR DAY/ Fender Rolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston : PDR DAY/ Fender Rolling

I am putting together a PDR day for all s2k owners.

I also arranged something identical with some friends last year, and now extending the service to s2k members.

We are trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested , most likely will be done in a friends garage with the proper lighting ( unless the weather outside is perfect ).

Few things that make this different, my friend who has been doing PDR for a few years now (also s2k owner ) will do whatever it takes to NOT make any holes ( for access ). The price will adjusted due to removing of doorpanels ect. He will advise what needs to be taken apart , and you are more than welcome to take it apart your self to keep the price to a min or pay for the labor.

His normal Rates are as follows :
    $50 per dent
    $150 per panel
    Labor is extra for the removal or int or ext parts to access the dents.

However if we can get enough people , the price will be lowered ofcourse.

Fender Rolling will be done by me , I use heat guns along with temp guage.
    I do not do pulls, just fender rolling. This is a very time consuming process for it to be done right and not chip,crack,or bubble the paint.

Price:
    $100 for the whole car
    $20 extra if you want to roll agressive in the front and maintain the front liner.

I do know a trick to keep the stock fender liner, it does require you remove all your fender liner. To save time if you guys want to come with the liner already removed it would help out alot.

The PDR price is not firm , we will have to base it on turn out.
    The Fender Rolling prices are firm however.

Please pm me if you need anymore info.

sounds like a great price and great gtg!

Comment

What's the date? Would you mind fender rolling a Miata for 1/2 price? (fronts are pre-rolled from the factory, only need to do the rears?
      Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
      '08 Ridgeline RTL
      '02 Z06

Comment

Originally posted by darkside
        Yes I can do that for your miata , pass on the word. Again the more people show up the better the price gets for the PDR.

On the fender rolling , I will basically charge $25 per fender. So if you only need fronts, or rears I can do that.

I am aiming for sometime next month.

Comment

I am interested in rolling the back fenders but how many people with S2000's roll the front fenders?

Comment

The fronts are rolled fairly often. They just look a little funnier with a relatively aggressive roll job.

Comment

Yeah definatly look funny if you go all out... One of the biggest problems with rolling the fronts agressive is the front bumper and fender mounting points do not line up. You can actually take care of that by starting further back on the fender , and making the transition smoother.

Comment

Count me in for the rears.

Comment

Harley, are you going with aftermarket wheels to match your new coilovers?

Comment

Will do, honestly if this does not go threw I can always take care of your car.

But anyways looks like theres 3 people so far...

No one needs PDR or rolling?!?

Also wanted to add, I have recieved a few pm's about how agressive the roll can be...
                    I can only go so far before I feel uncomfortable about the paint holding up. If you want to roll beyond that point , I cannot tell you everything will be ok.
                    If you give me specs on your wheels and tire size, I can tell you how much we would need to roll. If it requires pulling or flaring the stock fenders I can refer you to someone who has done a few s2k's.

Comment

I need both... one dent, and rolling of the rears only.... Why not do this on May 24th at my place? https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=29837

I have 10 sets of 2 fluorescent light fixtures for purposes such as this one.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        Harley, are you going with aftermarket wheels to match your new coilovers?
                        Not yet.,but I am running tires that are a little larger than OEM and they are just slightly rubbing. I thought I would take prepare the car for the future.

Comment

What're you running? I thought you had 255s on back, same as me?

Comment

Originally posted by Chickwithastick View Post
                            I need both... one dent, and rolling of the rears only.... Why not do this on May 24th at my place? https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=29837

I have 10 sets of 2 fluorescent light fixtures for purposes such as this one.

Actually doesnt sound that bad of an idea, let me get a hold of my friend that does PDR and check his schedule.

We actually have lighting but the more the better.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
                              If you give me specs on your wheels and tire size, I can tell you how much we would need to roll. If it requires pulling or flaring the stock fenders I can refer you to someone who has done a few s2k's.
                              17x9 Enkei RP-F1's w/ 45mm offset, running Direzza Star Spec 235/40-17's. The car will probably be running 1-1.5" lower than stock w/ a track oriented alignment (~2 deg. neg. camber f/r)
                              Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                              '08 Ridgeline RTL
                              '02 Z06

Comment

I need front fenders rolled, and one dent on the driver's side door. Count me in....
                                Granted we pick a weekend date!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                                  17x9 Enkei RP-F1's w/ 45mm offset, running Direzza Star Spec 235/40-17's. The car will probably be running 1-1.5" lower than stock w/ a track oriented alignment (~2 deg. neg. camber f/r)

Im guessing 17x9 +45 all around? If so then yes I will definitely be able to help you out.
                                  The rear and fronts would have to be rolled, especially since you will be tracking it. ( Paint flaking sucks )
                                  And also will the car already be aligned? Either way i will be able to help you.

Put it this way, I have made 17x9.5 +38 work with 235's rear

Comment

Are we still doing this?

Comment

Hi,
                                      did the dent removal thing already happen, or can I still get in on it? Don't need the fender roll.

Comment

It is actually coming up soon. We are trying to shoot for the 25th.

Comment

Working...
                                        X