• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas cowboys up with new inspection stickers

Texas cowboys up with new inspection stickers
    August 03, 2009
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE

The state of Texas is asking drivers to cowboy up when they get new inspection stickers.

Starting this month, the look of some of the stickers mechanics will affix to the lower left-hand side of car windshields will look different, sporting a variety of cowboy themes.

Various new stickers will debut over the next few months, officials said.

"We wanted to present a new certificate design that was immediately identifiable as being Texans," said JoJo Haselmeyer, director of vehicle services for the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The style of the cowboy image will depend on which of the 10 different types of inspection stickers a vehicle has. The sample that DPS distributed is for counties that don't conduct emissions testing, meaning that most of the Houston area (Harris, Montgomery, Fort Bend, Brazoria and Galveston counties) won't get it.

It's the second big design change DPS has bestowed on Texas vehicles this year. Earlier, it altered the standard license plate design to one set on what appears to be on a stark West Texas landscape, with a lone star amid a splash of red and blue in the upper left-hand corner.
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

So this is what (some of) the new stickers look like...

Which I guess is "immediately identifiable" as being Texan, unless of course you happen to be from Wyoming:

"Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Yee Haw!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

wouldnt the sticker do that... i think you oddballs in texas are the only palce i have ever seen that

Comment

Heard Gov. Perry saying something on the radio this morning.

Something like "I'm sure glad I was born in Texas."

Certainly a lot of pride in Texas. Not knocking it. I just think there is a stronger sense of State in Texas than there are in most states.

Comment

I'd rather they just eliminated the inspection sticker altogether, and add another box on your registration sticker for inspection validation.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Racer View Post
              I'd rather they just eliminated the inspection sticker altogether, and add another box on your registration sticker for inspection validation.
              You know . . . that is a really good idea. You don't get an updated registration if you don't have proof of inspection (and what about insurance while you're at it). If you don't stay registered, they start asking you to send your tags back.

Excellent idea!!

Comment

They don't validate current inspection when you renew registration - just proof of insurance (also required for inspection). I renew my vehicle registration online every year and they have no idea if my inspection is current or not.

EDIT: I do agree it would make sense to tie them all together.
                Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                '07 VW Touareg V6
                '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

I'm so glad this post wasn't about the football team in Dallas being stuck on my front windshield not that the Texans are any better but the cowboys are the suck!!!!!!

Muaaaaawaaaa

go on and flame away

Im a diehard San Diego fan always have been always will.

Back Home

Comment

Originally posted by Slambo View Post
                    I'm so glad this post wasn't about the football team in Dallas being stuck on my front windshield not that the Texans are any better but the cowboys are the suck!!!!!!

Muaaaaawaaaa

go on and flame away

Im a diehard San Diego fan always have been always will.
                    how many times has San Diego won the Super Bowl?

Comment

Shouldn't the stickers be BIGGER!!
                      Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                      After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Working...
                      X