Removed the seat for better ergonomics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed the seat for better ergonomics

I am still laughing about this: I pulled out the stock seat to see about fitting an old corbeau for better driving position. (I'm 6'5") So, to get a feel for the baseline, I sat in the car without a seat and all of a sudden, everything fit! The pedals were right, the wheel didn't hit my knee, guages were visible at last, even had a few mm of space overhead. The back wall was actually comfortable after removing the two little clothes hooks. Besides needing a way to attach the seat belt, it was almost perfect.

I may get an expanding soft foam kit for race seats and just use it directly over the floor. Saves the cost of a new seat, brackets, new wheel, hub, and spacers. Keep the air bag and cruise control too!

And I'll never lose any change under the new "seat" either. Lol.

If you put in a Taitec seat rail and a seat you find comfortable, it might suit you. Taitec is lowest and strongest seat rail you can get. And it slides with a Recaro Pro F1 SPG back to the clothes hooks just as an example.

Jonathan
    MY 00 #3510
    ]Mugen Airbox, Headers, Exhaust, Pressure Plate,LSD, Radiator cap NZ dampers, Thermo SW seat track and Thermostat. Sampco intake pipe and radiator hoses, Swift sway bars, Stillen rotors, BBS JDM Forged Wheels.w/ Potensa Re=01R's Nextgear Intake manifold gasket, SPA gauges, Alpine IDA-X001, KCE-350Bt BT adapter, Focal 165-K2P 6.25" Speakers, Phoenix Gold ZX475Ti, Recaro Profi SPG w/Sparco 6 pt harness

[/COLOR]

Comment

I am also 6"5" and have been working on seat position for some time, I have modified my stock seats with a lower seat rail and had the botton cushion made removeable so that I can st on the floor when I go to the track. It works for me,
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Well, I just took it for a little shake down run and it is better than I first thought. Left elbow now rests comfortably inside, window switches are accessible, radio even sounds better. Traffic signals visible with top up.

And talk about seat-of-the-pants experience! This is better than any seat at any price. I am literally wearing this car like a set of track shoes.

Comment

It is 45 degrees outside and I am going out right now to drive it some more. I swear I can give my hips a shake and break the rear wheels out exactly when I want them to. Forget seats. This is IT!

Comment

Working...
          X