Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listen to SondraS debate F1 in Austin -- live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen to SondraS debate F1 in Austin -- live!

http://www.koop.org/index.php?page=streaming

Currently, Sondra is on the air debating with a group of other Austinites about the costs and benefits of Formula One coming to Austin, Texas. Basically, there's a group of people concerned about Formula One coming to Austin, and a local radio station is having them in for a debate -- Sondra's providing the counterpoint.

I've been listening, and I can just imagine Sondra biting her tongue...it's not her normal style, being on the radio!
    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
      I've been listening, and I can just imagine Sondra biting her tongue...it's not her normal style, being on the radio!
      Hey now, I can be diplomatic when the situation calls for it.
      "Be the change you want to see in the world."
      -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
      '02 S2000 NFR S/C
      '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
      Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

The show is uploaded for any who want to listen to it: http://sth2.com/KOOP_F1_discussion.mp2
        -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
        '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

Caught this on Facebook. Well done, Sondra, though if I were in your place I would have reached over and ripped that Steffan guy's f'ing head off...!

Then again, that's just me.
          "Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
          --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

Wow, I have been listening to this interview session. This stephon guy is kindof a prick. He is concerned about the carbon footprint of the F1 event. I sure hope he is for banning all gas powered lawnmowers in the Austin area. After all that is a huge waste of fuel and those engines are particularly bad for the environment.

And Terrorists!!! You have got to be ****ing kidding me. F1 can't come to Austin because all of the foreign people will draw terrorists to Austin. This guy better go back to his cave and hide from the world.
            S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Did not listen to the auto but by 4U2NV comments stephon needs to get a clue.

Can you say 100% alcohol ….. what carbon foot print.

Comment

I should mention that Wray and his wife drove there in separate cars; I wanted SO badly to ask him if his drive from his home or office to the studio was "an absolutely necessary, essential use of petroleum products," and why he didn't ride a bike. I was actually kind of glad he made the remarks about thinking that no one should be using petroleum for any reason other than necessary, essential transportation; he portrayed himself as an extremist and not terribly rational, which made us look even better.

Greg, I didn't want to rip his head off, but I did roll my eyes. I couldn't look at him; I was too afraid I was going to laugh! The moderator is actually on the side of keeping Formula 1 out like Wray is (though he did a bang up job of staying neutral in the interview), but he told me later that he too was about to laugh at the terrorism comment until he realized that he was serious!

BTW, Wray posted this blog post the same day as the radio show. I don't know if it was before or after the show, but here it is, in all of its amusing glory: http://theragblog.blogspot.com/2010/...uisin-for.html
                -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

This guy is a nut job! I like his leap to Ecclestone "praising Hitler and Saddam Hussein". What's next..."Don't trust Bernie, I hear he has a tattoo of Satan on his butt"?

I feel sorry for weak minded sheep that would pay any attention to a guy like Stefan Wray.

Comment

Originally posted by SondraS2k View Post
                    The show is uploaded for any who want to listen to it: http://sth2.com/KOOP_F1_discussion.mp2
                    That link doesn't work. I would love to listen to this interview.
                    I just finished reading this nutjobs blog. Thank you for representing us!

Comment

Working...
                    X