No announcement yet.

Where to have top replaced in Austin???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to have top replaced in Austin???

Hey guys,

I've got a 2001 and it's getting time to replace the top. Has anyone had this done in Austin?

Who did the work? I'm thinking about updating to the glass rear window. What can I expect to spend?

Any info would be helpful.

-s

top replacement

Independent service seems limited (at least to me) now that Cecil's is closed. If anyone knows of anyone doing quality work in Austin please blow their horn. There is another place not far from North loop off Burnet Rd that does rag tops and leather work, but I can't seem to remember the name of the place. Cecil's was my "go to" shop. E-mail me if your still in need of service and I'll see if I can locate that guys business card. Peter

Comment

I haven't found a place since Cecil's went away either.
      "Be the change you want to see in the world."
      -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
      '02 S2000 NFR S/C
      '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
      Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

I'm actually calling Jim's Top Shop on Burnet today to set an appointment. They did a patch for me once but this will be the first replacement I have needed. I'll let you know what I find out today.

Comment

My bad...Jim's is actually on North Lamar, not Burnet. Anyway, they recommend purchasing the top on your own (said he didn't want to charge me a markup for the parts, when I could order it online myself) and the labor would be around $450. The bad news...his appointments are about a month out!

I found a Robbins top online for $605. Does that seem like a reasonable price to anyone who has had to "re-top" lately?

Comment

i just got my top on ebay from ez and it has arrived so im just waiting on my perfect saturday to get it done by a s2ki member in dfw area. yes its 2 1/2 hour drive 4 me but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by sdosmil77 View Post
              i just got my top on ebay from ez and it has arrived so im just waiting on my perfect saturday to get it done by a s2ki member in dfw area. yes its 2 1/2 hour drive 4 me but worth it.
              But don't you have a 2 1/2 hour drive to get anywhere?

Comment

that is true. when gf and i went 2 Austin 4 great food/people we left @ 1pm and came back home by 1230am. next time we will just leave by 10am so we can explore Austin a bit more. funny when we lived in NJ 2 go anywhere (ny, shore, philly) was about 30-45 minutes and we usually said 2 much driving. now in big ol' TX anywhere worth it is 2 1/2. back in NJ that would b like a DC/CT trip. haha! that i find funny.

Comment

Working...
                X