Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with an aftermarket clutch setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with an aftermarket clutch setup?

Looking for someone in the Austin area with an aftermarket clutch setup.

I want to go with a clutch, disk, flywheel combo that can be daily driven, but has stronger grip for a supercharged car.

Need advice and would love for a local to take me for a spin in their car.

I'm making this special request because I will never again buy a non-OEM clutch without a test drive first. I bought an Exedy racing clutch for my previous NSX and had to rip it out less than a month later. The Exedy was advertised as "streetable", but it turned out that I had to wear a mouthpiece to shift gears without breaking teeth. $4000 lesson I learned the hard way.

-Deep

I'd talk to Chris S. I think he did an aftermarket clutch before he did his s/c. I think Randy W has one too.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
    '02 S2000 NFR S/C
    '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
    Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

I have an aftermarket clutch... but Im in houston. You need to be careful with an aftermarket clutch setup with a super charger, just ask Wes from Houston. He went through 3 rear ends!!!!

Dale

Comment

deep I put in a stage 2 centerforce. Very sweet on the street lots nicer down low than stock but all the grab in the world up high. It's performed well. I like it.

I went to centerforce as I've used them for a long time. They make great drag and race clutches too.

fltsfshr

Comment

too much grip and it's too much shock to the rear end which can cause a premature failure back there. drop me a line sometime and I can at least help you out in what to shop for when it comes to the various combos.

Comment

Contact Hecash. I know he has had several different setups.

Comment

I installed the comptech reinforced diff when I got the 4.57 gears put in. So hopefully that'll hold the diff together when I get the new clutch. *Fingers crossed*

Hardtopguy is advertising a clutch kit with the following parts (for $850):
              - Comptech Lightened Flywheel,
              - ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate,
              - OEM Disc,
              - OEM throwout bearing.

Anybody have any opinions with the above setup?

And thanks for all the previous replies!

-Deep
              http://www.mandeepsidhu.com/s2k/

Comment

i'll tout it one more time.
                Go to centerforce
                Look at how their clutch works. That's why it's a great drag or 4wd clutch.

When you then think about 9k rpm's you'll see why it's a perfect s2000 sc app clutch.

I can't believe how small our clutches are.

fltsfshr

Comment

Originally posted by SondraS2k
                  I'd talk to Chris S. I think he did an aftermarket clutch before he did his s/c. I think Randy W has one too.
                  Nope...I've been waiting for the S/C to kill my stock clutch, but it just keeps working. I guess that's one of the benefits to not being into drag racing!

Still have a Comptech flywheel ready to be installed when clutch repl. time comes.

Re: the Centerforce, I had one on my old CRX Si. It gripped extremely well, but was too "on-off" and didn't have much modulation for street use. It won't be on my list of potential options.
                  Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                  '08 Ridgeline RTL
                  '02 Z06

Comment

you must have been running the full competition version in your CRX. that one clamps down hard. I agree.

But the one they make for the S2k is a very sweet street clutch. It's far more forgiving than a stock clutch upon engagement and then like you said it grips extremely well.

I'm very happy with it.

fltsfshr

Comment

im currently running act pp, disc. toda flywheel. oem honda bearings and everything is workin find for me.. the pedal is more firm but, not overwhelming..

Comment

Originally posted by -Deep-
                        I installed the comptech reinforced diff when I got the 4.57 gears put in. So hopefully that'll hold the diff together when I get the new clutch. *Fingers crossed*
                        http://www.mandeepsidhu.com/s2k/

Yeah thats what he had also!! He ended up cryo'ing his diff.

Dale

Comment

Working...
                        X