New Partnership with Harris Hill Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Partnership with Harris Hill Road

Many of you know that I'm a member of Harris Hill Road, which enables me to enjoy my S2000 in what I consider to be its natural environment. One of my goals in taking on the SouthCentral Regional Director position is to facilitate opportunities to get you and your car on the track.

I had a productive conversation with Harris Hill Road management, and am pleased that they are receptive to working with us to expose our membership to the track experience. We don't have everything fully fleshed out, but here's the framework of what we're looking to offer.

1) All members who have never run at Harris Hill Road are welcome to visit the track for an hour of free track time, w/ supervision of course. This can be done on any open member day, which usually means Wed. mornings and Thursday-Sunday all day. If you'd like to take advantage of this offer, please contact me through PM, and I'll refer you to track management to reserve a time. (if you do so when I'll be there, I'm happy to give ride-alongs as well.)

2) Harris Hill is about to launch Spec 914 and Miata series, w/ 2 races to be held once a month (I believe on the 2nd Saturday) @ 11 and 1. I'd like to organize a group outing here to watch the either or both races, and we can do lead-follow sessions from noon-1. All participating chapters could plan drives to the track, and we could have a group lunch in the area afterwards. If you're interested in participating, please let me know what month(s) to aim for, and whether you'd prefer to watch the morning, afternoon, or both races (45 minutes each).

3) I'd like to do a regional weekend meet in the Hill Country. The focus would be on experiencing the wonderful roads and scenery of the Hill Country, along w/ socializing. However, we could offer an optional Friday afternoon "mini-DE" for those interested. H2R management has agreed to let everyone pay individually so we wouldn't have to rent the track, and we'd get a cost break. I intend to use the SC Regional funds allocated to us to subsidize this event (the weekend, not necessarily just the track portion). Obviously, I'll need volunteers to help make it worthy of folks traveling from the vast distances within our region.

Please note that the track's website is down at the moment for a total revamp, but will be re-launched any day now.
    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

Good stuff Chris! Thanks for putting in the effort to get things rolling. I'm down for #3. I like the idea of a mini DE in combination with a weekend trip over there.

Another idea would be to have a Lake Bash like the first couple of times we did it. Interest in this event really dropped off after we started having them locally instead of at Lake Travis (the party barge was a major draw). Barton Spring might be another venue for a combination weekend of fun.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for working on these ideas. Please count on our support.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Great work!
        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

I'd love to come drive in the Hill Country and the introduction to Harris Hill would be fun too.

I don't know about #2, though. I think it would make me want to be out there driving too much!

Great work, Chris!

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

/\
            |
            |
            |
            Jealous

Comment

Why I am not in Texas? Great stuff Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by geras003 View Post
                Because you don't own a cowboy hat.
                S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                  Because you don't own a cowboy hat.
                  I don't own one, either!
                  Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                  '08 Ridgeline RTL
                  '02 Z06

Comment

Originally posted by geras003 View Post
                    You ever heard of these guys? Maybe this can help you make a mental transition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bering_Strait_(band)
                    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

FYI, I'll be at the track today w/ a bunch of friends from around 10 to mid-afternoon-ish. Feel free to come on down if you'd like to check it out.
                      Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                      '08 Ridgeline RTL
                      '02 Z06

Comment

Speedracer, this pic is for you - note which color is out in front!

Good times w/ good friends, yesterday was an epic day at the track.

Last edited by Chris S; 01-23-2012, 09:34 PM.
                        Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                        '08 Ridgeline RTL
                        '02 Z06

Comment

Great pictures

Great pictures Chris and I agree NFR is the best

I also don't know why I am not in your neck of the woods. Snow and cold or rain and cold up here in the Great White North. The S2K is under wraps till April.

Looking at your pictures helps make this time of year a bit more bearable !
                          Thanks Paul
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Paul. Temps were in the low to mid 70's (F) yesterday afternoon.

Here's a vid that sskillman made of our last session yesterday - 3 S2000's and a C6 Z06 mixing it up, what fun! We'd gone the other direction most of the day, but it's fun changing directions during the day b/c it's like running a completely different track.

http://youtu.be/tRaxQqyv1xA

BTW, this track charges only $180/mo. for unlimited track time, and is only 45 miles away. Makes it easy to get plenty of track time year round!
                            Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                            '08 Ridgeline RTL
                            '02 Z06

Comment

Great Vid

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                              Thanks, Paul. Temps were in the low to mid 70's (F) yesterday afternoon.

Here's a vid that sskillman made of our last session yesterday - 3 S2000's and a C6 Z06 mixing it up, what fun! We'd gone the other direction most of the day, but it's fun changing directions during the day b/c it's like running a completely different track.

http://youtu.be/tRaxQqyv1xA

BTW, this track charges only $180/mo. for unlimited track time, and is only 45 miles away. Makes it easy to get plenty of track time year round!
                              Thanks Chris, great video.
                              sigpic

Comment

Awesome vid! I love that track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LxZs4lYhT4
                                Last edited by Rocketman; 01-24-2012, 10:26 PM.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Working...
                                X