A.R.T. Time Trial @ Harris Hill Road 2/4/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.R.T. Time Trial @ Harris Hill Road 2/4/12

These are always fun events, and you'll get plenty of track time, lap times, plus a chance to see how you stack up to your fellow racers. It's basically similar to a DE but w/ timing and scoring*, fewer run groups (2?), and no instructors (so you need to be solo-qualified). Lunch will be provided.

Hope to see some fellow S2000 owners out there, I'm looking forward to this event!

http://www.americanracingtech.com/timetrial.htm

* FYI, most insurance companies already exclude DE's, but you should be aware and accept that you almost certainly will not have insurance coverage during an event of this nature.
    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

Chris, is this a wheel-to-wheel race with corner passing or a timed DE with passing zones and all the safety goodness?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

When I've done it before, it felt like an advanced run group of a DE, w/ the same passing zones/point-by reqs. I would never risk my S2000 in wheel to wheel racing, but am as comfortable w/ this as a DE. In fact, I believe NASA combines TT w/ their advanced DE groups.
      Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
      '08 Ridgeline RTL
      '02 Z06

Comment

Oh, I just looked at the date. Don't think I can make it, but it does sound fun!

sigpic
        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Chris, what kind of lap times do you run in the s2000 at h2r?

Comment

Not really sure, since I sold my TraqMate before getting the S and this will be my first timed event. Best w/ my Miata was 1:30.4 with NT01's. I'll be aiming for 1:30-1:32 in the S, but breaking 1:30 would really make my day.
            Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
            '08 Ridgeline RTL
            '02 Z06

Comment

I know your Miata was pretty tricked out, but do you really think it's faster around the track? Are you running race rubber on the S?

sigpic

Comment

For me, not being a pro driver, confidence and predictable handling are more important than outright power. When I supercharged my NC, the fun factor went up, but I wasn't any faster, just b/c I could drive the wheels off the NC pre-SC.

The S was a handful to tame after going to a non-staggered setup, and though I now have it pretty dialed in, it's less benign at the limit....not really a problem under good track conditions, but harder to reel in if the track is wet or has dirt on it. After my last track session, I stiffened up the front coilovers, hopefully that will make it a bit more stable.

I alternate between R888's and Star Specs depending on weather conditions, but will do the TT on the Star Specs since race compounds will carry a stiffer time penalty than I'll gain in lap times. I also have slightly wider/lighter wheels (17x9 TR Motorsports C3's vs. AP2 V3 17x8.5's all around) affixed to the Star Specs.
                Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                '08 Ridgeline RTL
                '02 Z06

Comment

Working...
                X