Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Brother

Discuss amongst yourselves:

Clusters of what at first appear to be surveillance cameras have begun turning up in recent months on the Southwest border, and while some of the machines are merely surveillance cameras, others are specialized recognition devices that automatically capture license-plate numbers and the geographic location of everyone who passes by, plus the date and time.
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...thwest-border/
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Looks like it's time to install my James Bond revolving license plate.

Comment

Fine with me.
      Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
      After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRacket04 View Post
        Looks like it's time to install my James Bond revolving license plate.

Let me know when you find one; maybe we can get a group buy together.
        2006 Lotus Elise

2006 BMW 330i sport 6MT

2002 S2000 New Formula Red (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post
          Fine with me.
          Fine until you get a speeding ticket in the mail. You were photographed going by one camera on a certain date and time and photographed several miles later by another camera. A simple time and distance math calculation flagged your car's average speed over that distance as x miles per hour over the speed limit. With GPS referenced time clocking technology this is indeed possible.

Ain't automation wonderful?
          S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Just makes me want the James Bond license plate even more.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
              Fine until you get a speeding ticket in the mail. You were photographed going by one camera on a certain date and time and photographed several miles later by another camera. A simple time and distance math calculation flagged your car's average speed over that distance as x miles per hour over the speed limit. With GPS referenced time clocking technology this is indeed possible.

Ain't automation wonderful?
              If I was speeding, I deserve it. The last ticket I got, I pulled over and waited for the officer to catch up to me. I was speeding and deserved the ticket. I didn't mean to be speeding, but was.

I figure I have deserved LOTS of tickets over the years and didn't get one. When I do get one, I deserve it.
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post
                If I was speeding, I deserve it. The last ticket I got, I pulled over and waited for the officer to catch up to me. I was speeding and deserved the ticket. I didn't mean to be speeding, but was.

I figure I have deserved LOTS of tickets over the years and didn't get one. When I do get one, I deserve it.
                I think I may be able to recall the last time you were pulled over.
                S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                  I think I may be able to recall the last time you were pulled over.
                  Yes, pulled over, but only warned.......

Comment

Working...
                  X