Texas S2000 Roundup 2005 (May 14th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas S2000 Roundup 2005 (May 14th)

We are pleased to announce that on May 14th the South Central Region of the S2KCA and Hendrick Auto Group are sponsoring a Texas sized meet for Texas owners and beyond at Honda Cars of McKinney in McKinney, TX!

This FREE event will feature a “Rally to the Roundup” group drive, Roundup event T-Shirts for all drivers, catered BBQ lunch, and many items to be raffled off. Texas Driver Magazine will be providing event coverage and there are plans for a live remote broadcast.

So put Saturday May 14th on your calendar and plan on joining us for a day of driving, BBQ, raffles, and everything S2000. More details, other sponsors and specific times to follow soon!

Itenerary:
    11:00AM - Meet at Honda Cars of McKinney (601 S Central Expressway
    McKinney, TX 75070, Phone (972) 529-9600). Sign-In, get raffle tickets & event T-shirt
    11:30 - BBQ lunch served by Baker's Ribs!
    12:30 - Raffle off sponsor products, socialize, group photos
    2:30 - Organize into groups & depart for approximate 2 hour group drive
    Optional - Dinner and Drinks GTG following the drive, TBA
    **Route info TBA shortly**

A few of the sponsors already lined up include:
    North Texas S2000 Owners Club
    Hendrick Auto Group (Honda Cars)
    Texas Driver Magazine
    Evolution Performance Driving School
    Discount Tire Co.
    Zaino Bros' **NEW**
    Comptech USA **NEW**
    Extreme Paintless Dent Removal
    Dei Rossi Marketing
    Dallas Morning News
    The Star
    Last edited by photodavo; 04-30-2005, 01:43 PM.
    Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
    '07 VW Touareg V6
    '70 Volvo 1800E

Sheesh, you couldn't find any place that's a bit further out of the way, eh?
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Comment

ANY UPATE ON THIS YET??? My wife and I are thinking of making the drive down from Springfield, Mo but need more info.

thanks

Jas

Comment

Originally posted by JAS6762
          ANY UPATE ON THIS YET??? My wife and I are thinking of making the drive down from Springfield, Mo but need more info.

thanks

Jas
          Awesome!!! I have updated the original post with the itinerary and some sponsor information. We should be able to add some of the specific items to be raffled next week.

We have had a lot of response to this in the local Texas Clubs and also some interest from Oklahoma and Louisiana. We could very well have 50+ cars!

I hope you can make it!

Davo
          Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
          '07 VW Touareg V6
          '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Just to give you an "incentive" to kick it up a notch -- we had about 40 cars for the drive this morning at "Southwest S2000s in the Sun", plus another dozen or two at the sponsoring dealership where the drive finished.

It was a good day.
            "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
            Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich
              Just to give you an "incentive" to kick it up a notch -- we had about 40 cars for the drive this morning at "Southwest S2000s in the Sun", plus another dozen or two at the sponsoring dealership where the drive finished.

It was a good day.
              So, I'm assuming if you'd drive all the way to Arizona for a meet making the short trip up to DFW is a cinch, right? Plus, you can always stop "on the way" for some good cooking at that place in Meridian!
              Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
              '07 VW Touareg V6
              '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

***raffle update***

We got some great news today from Comtech! They have just shipped an X-Brace and a drop in high flow air filter to add to the already impressive list of items to be raffled off!

Texas Driver Magazine has thrown in a TDM T-shirt/one year magazine subscription and seperately an Eagle One detail kit.

Zaino Bros' has upped their contribution to two Zaino starter kits.

Some of the other items already announced are an S2000 dust cover from the dealership, free dent repair on site by Extreme PDR, a free school at Evolution Performance Driving School and wheel and tire accessories from Discount Tire

So, who’s getting excited? :LOL:
                Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
                '07 VW Touareg V6
                '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Wow, Davo....keep it up

Comment

Pictures!

http://www.roathe.com/images/roundup_05/roundup_05.html
                    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

Thanx for the report at the BoD meeting last night, Davo. Sounds like this event was a smashing success. Way to go man!

Comment

Working...
                      X