Largest Texas S2000 gathering ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest Texas S2000 gathering ever!!!

The Texas S2000 Roundup at Honda Cars of McKinney was a huge success!!! We had 80 - 85 cars in attendance making it the largest gathering of S2000s ever in Texas.

Everyone had a great time on a perfect blue sky day enjoying the BBQ, the cars and all of the S2000 owners and enthusiasts. Afterward, we had about 50 of the cars split into three drive groups for about 120 miles of spirited driving on some great roads in the North Texas coutryside.

One big hit at the event was the F20C powered WCM Ultralite that just finished second in class at the One Lap of America race. Quite a sight to behold.

Here are a few photos from the event...

Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
    '07 VW Touareg V6
    '70 Volvo 1800E

Wow - great turn out and the weather looks great too!
    Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

I would say that was a successful meet. Great Job, Dave!!

Comment

Thanks guys! It was a lot of work and the weather forecast had my sweating it out all week but everything worked out perfectly in the end. The end result was something that I am certainly proud of.
        Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
        '07 VW Touareg V6
        '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Yep - organizing big events has its headaches, but once it's all over that first beer tastes really good!
          Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by meat
            Yep - organizing big events has its headaches, but once it's all over that first beer tastes really good!
            You got that right!!! And the best part after being out in the sun all day was the group drives all ended up at a local bar and grill where they had the entire bar area reserved for us. I was able to celebrate with about twenty five of the event participants. It was fun to hear some of the stories from the other drive groups and to see how much fun everybody had.
            Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
            '07 VW Touareg V6
            '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Here are a few more photos courtesy of Texas Driver Magazine...

Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
              '07 VW Touareg V6
              '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Cool pics, Davo. Looks like you did a pretty good job teaching those Texas Driver magazine people how to use a camera.

Comment

Photos

Great photos, Dave.

Here's some info on my last race car:

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/millerj64-5.html

I've got a request for next year. How about inviting a Indy Honda driver? I suggest Dancia Patrick on the Rahal Team. Check out her web-site:

http://indymotorspeedway.com/danica.htm

I bet we could double this year's attendance!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_v8horsepower
                    I've got a request for next year. How about inviting a Indy Honda driver? I suggest Dancia Patrick on the Rahal Team.
                    What a great idea! Maybe we should invite her to our national event in Vegas this fall too. That would be quite a draw I'm sure!

Comment

Hey Dave, do you think you could print or e-mail me 4-6 pic's that I can print, with the dealership in the background, that I can include with the letter we send to the Las Vegas Dealership ? Pic's speak a thousand words, I hear. Thanks, Kurt.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymaker
                        What a great idea! Maybe we should invite her to our national event in Vegas this fall too. That would be quite a draw I'm sure!
                        Sure...she has a big break between Walkins Glen (9/25) and Fontana (10/16). I'm sure she'll love to come out to our track day and show you how do drive your S

Comment

Originally posted by indiandi
                          I'm sure she'll love to come out to our track day and show you how do drive your S
                          Ouch!!

Comment

Hey,hey I just couldn't help myself

Comment

Originally posted by indiandi
                              I'm sure she'll love to come out to our track day and show you how do drive your S
                              I'd let her teach me anything! And she'd be the best looking one to ride/drive in my car - that's for sure! (sorry Photodavo )

Comment

I really wanted to make that trip, but I had to be out of elswhere. I hope it can be done again.

Comment

Working...
                                X