new track looks to be started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new track looks to be started

It looks like Houston MSR is on it's way.

http://www.msrhouston.com/aerial_view
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
    Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Close to home.
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

for me it is about the same as going to TWS
      Coop
      Life Member 57
      Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time

Comment

Awesome! We should look into doing an S2KCA track day there!

Comment

well it looks like this is for real http://www.msrhouston.com/journal
          Coop
          Life Member 57

Comment

Originally posted by Coop
            for me it is about the same as going to TWS
            You should try driving to Galveston everyday.
            Thanks,
            Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

hey Joe, it's just another place for Dale to spin
              Coop
              Life Member 57

Comment

Damn, thats cool!!! I wish we had a place like that near Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by GChambers
                  Damn, thats cool!!! I wish we had a place like that near Indy.
                  The other Motorsports Ranch that they mention is located South of Ft. Worth. Combine that with Texas Motor Speedway, Texas World Speedway and Hallett In OK and you should think about moving!
                  Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                  '07 VW Touareg V6
                  '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Hmmmm...it looks like TWS is about 200 miles from downtown San Antonio and the new MSR is about 230.
                    Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                    '07 VW Touareg V6
                    '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

went down and took a look today, VERY NICE. The track is set up as a 2.2 mile 12(?) turn track or can be split into 2 smaller tracks, but all the track is 40' wide. It is also a good track for newbees, because you can see around all the turns and there are no blind turns. Also there will be nothing to run into and anyplace that could cause a problem will have a sand trap.
                      Coop
                      Life Member 57

Comment

Forty feet wide sounds really sweet to me. Add all the run off room and it's great. Blind turns add to the pucker factor but it's nice to be able to see what's ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by photodavo
                          The other Motorsports Ranch that they mention is located South of Ft. Worth. Combine that with Texas Motor Speedway, Texas World Speedway and Hallett In OK and you should think about moving!
                          I used to live in Dallas. Maybe I should move back....

Comment

I am not sure how the cost will work out for DE's and other track days, but they will not be able to live just off of members.
                            Coop
                            Life Member 57

Comment

Originally posted by GChambers
                              I used to live in Dallas. Maybe I should move back....
                              Hells bells I'm thinking of moving from SC to Texas. You all sound like you have a whole lota fun .
                              Doc
                              02 Sebring Silver
                              01 Dyna SuperGlide
                              07 ES350

Comment

Doc, I may have asked this before but have you run CMP? I love running that track but it's just too darned far away.

Comment

Originally posted by C G
                                  Doc, I may have asked this before but have you run CMP? I love running that track but it's just too darned far away.
                                  No I havent gone up there. Came past it 2001 from Mathews when I picked up the HD. When I went on line, the track regs state they want the S to conform to SCCA regs with a roll bar, even for a DE. I saw, though, were the Atlanta S2K chapter held track days there earlier this year. That was just before or right after I bought the S. What is the general concensus of the tracks you have been able to drive, do they require the added rollbar?
                                  Doc
                                  02 Sebring Silver
                                  01 Dyna SuperGlide
                                  07 ES350

Comment

Originally posted by doc0943
                                    What is the general concensus of the tracks you have been able to drive, do they require the added rollbar?
                                    Well Doc, I think we've hijacked Coop's thread or maybe we're just keeping it bumped up.

I'm not a good person to ask that question because I have never done a DE. A few of us will get together and rent a track for a test day now and then but most of the time when I'm on the track it's in an SCCA sanctioned event or race. Full safety gear is always required for us unless we just slip a car out on the track when the powers that be turn a blind eye. You may or may not know that I sold my S2000 three years ago to buy a dedicated racecar. While I’m still a major fan of the S2000 and the people who own them I don’t get nearly enough seat time in them anymore.

With all that said, I have seen S2000’s running in DE’s at both CMP and Talladega Gran Prix Raceway (TGPR). I also know that they run at Roebling Road in GA.

Here I am at CMP in my Formula Continental relaxing while I wait for a chance to pass a gorgeous vintage Formula Ford. This was also a good day for me since I set a new FC Solo I track record.

Comment

At last, something close to home! I think I'll get my bike out there first.

Comment

Working...
                                      X