Gauging interest: "Sideways in Texas" Weekend Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging interest: "Sideways in Texas" Weekend Drive

I've been thinking of doing a little weekend get-away through the Hill Country in two weeks (20/21 August, maybe leave Houston already in the evening of the 19th). Drive from winery to winery, taste some of their products, stay overnight at some B&B -- anything but think about work. Call it "Sideways in Texas".

Anyone else interested in joining in? If not, it's no big deal. If yes, then I'd have to put a little moreplanning and structure behind the drive...

Anyone's welcome.

Below a map of wineries from http://texaswinetrails.com. That weekend they have what they call "Harvest Wine Trail" organized. It seems like a nice change.

"Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Hell I'm obviously too far away to join you but I would if I could! Sounds like a fantastic idea bro. Be safe out there though!
    Last edited by monkeymaker; 08-01-2005, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I'd be interested. The hill country makes for fun driving and the distance between wineries should be enough so that irresponsible driving can be avoided. There's other interesting stuff in that area too like Enchanted Rock, LBJ's birthplace, Fredicksburg(old German town), Pedernales Falls, Natural Bridge caverns, etc.

Comment

Sounds like a great drive, but I don't think I can get Sunday off work and I don't think Cammie will be up to it.
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
        Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Dang there are a lot of blue 2002s around! Got mine in June.

Comment

I don't think I can make it this year. :LOL:
            Sideways

500 rwhp club

Comment

Ulrich, I was only able to garner significant interest in the Winter Wine Tour by sending emails to all the S2KCA members within 1 day's driving distance. Davo or I can help you with this if you want.

Comment

Would probably need more than one week lead-time at this point for planning a decent event. So I'd say, skip it for now and I'll take a more serious look at getting something organized later this year.
                "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich
                  Would probably need more than one week lead-time at this point for planning a decent event. So I'd say, skip it for now and I'll take a more serious look at getting something organized later this year.
                  Ulrich,

The North Texas Club is planning on doing a Hill Country weekend tour in September along with some of the Austin folks. I think it's on the calendar right now for the weekend of September 17th. Maybe some of the Houston crowd would be interested in meeting up. We could even work in some of your wine tour stuff. Any thoughts?
                  Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                  '07 VW Touareg V6
                  '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Generally speaking and without consulting my calendar, I'm up for it (though it would be just me without +1 since the fall semester will have started by then; that was my original reason for the early date). PM me the details and I'll advertise locally to see if anyone is interested.
                    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich
                      Generally speaking and without consulting my calendar, I'm up for it (though it would be just me without +1 since the fall semester will have started by then; that was my original reason for the early date). PM me the details and I'll advertise locally to see if anyone is interested.
                      We're having our monthly get together tonight so I'll see if I can find out if there are any firm plans yet. I'll let you know as soon as I have some more info.
                      Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                      '07 VW Touareg V6
                      '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Working...
                      X