TWS LSRPCA event, free??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWS LSRPCA event, free??

My neighbor, who is an instructor for the Porsche Club sometimes, says this weekend you can drive for free at TWS if you volunteer as a corner weekend for part of the event sat 29th of Oct and the 30th.

Coop: Do you know anything about this?

I know they always need corner workers but I haven't heard of them getting to go free...expecially the same weekend they work. You might contact the club and see if they need corner help... its always a good experience and it earns you points as far as getting people to know you so that its easier later to sign up for events and make it in.

Coop and I will be there this weekend.

Comment

Yep, I'm going to be a part of it, this weekend.

The deal is: the SCCA needs new corner workers. There's a shortage of them, and there's some big events coming up, including the Houston Grand Prix next May, which the SCCA has been asked to work.

So, this weekend, there's a corner worker school occurring simultaneously with the PCA DE event at TWS. The deal is: you work (go to school, work corners, etc.) 1/2 day, you get to drive the other 1/2 day. The best part is, yes, that it's free. I think that you have to be an active SCCA member to participate, and they're looking for commitments to work corners at upcoming events.

Not sure if there are any more openings. I found out about this from the SCCA mailing list.

--michael

Comment

In the past, it's been work one day, drive the other.
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
        Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

I get to drive for free too
          Coop
          Life Member 57
          Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time

Comment

i'll be there as a photographer though but this sounds interesting

Comment

If you do this, get a tech inspection done & fill out a medical form, just to be sure you have what the LSRPCA wants from drivers.
              www.LSRPCA.com
              Coop
              Life Member 57

Comment

For those who may be free this weekend, there is 1 green spot open and 1 yellow.
                You will need contact:

Richard Jackson - DE Registrar
                6203 Braesheather Drive
                Houston, Texas 77096 (713) 202 7099
                Coop
                Life Member 57

Comment

I was told by the SCCA guy who organized the corner worker school that I could bring a copy of the tech inspection form that I submitted to Driver's Edge last weekend, and that would suffice for a tech inspection.

(I had to have Rick fax it to me, because I didn't make a copy. )

Now, the medical form... that's new...

--michael

Comment

Sounds like a fun deal, corner working can be lot's of fun, the best way to watch racing.
                    Plus you get to drive free??!!!!!
                    I wish they did that here in Indy.

Comment

dang, I rarely ever have full weekends off. have fun!

Comment

I guess we need to plan our track days far in advance for you and all others who work weekends
                        Coop
                        Life Member 57

Comment

Working...
                        X