S2KDays San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2KDays San Antonio

OK everyone - with the official announcement of S2KDays San Antonio it's time to start getting some excitement going for it in the South Central Region. We are going to be the hosting region and I really want to see you all step up and represent!

It's also not too soon to start thinking about what you might be able to do (especially you central Texas members) to help out. We will need several volunteers to make this the best S2KDays ever.

I will be looking for local members to help plan group drives and lead them. If you want to help out please let me know. We will also need to have a place that can accomodate a large group for lunch somewhere on the big group drive on Saturday. Any ideas?

If you have any suggestions for other activities I'd love to hear them. We're planning an excursion downtown to the riverwalk and other attractions for one afternoon/evening. I'm also in the process of working with the local autocross Clubs in the area to see if we can have an S2000 only autocross. If any of you have any connection with SPOKES or SASCA please let me know as well.

This is going to be a great event and the more people from the region that we can get involved the better. We also need folks to register as soon as you can so we can fill our room commitment at Tapatio Springs. The early bird registration of $75 is one heck of a deal considering all the things we're planning. If you aren't an S2KCA member yet but you think you might want to attend S2KDays you should definitely take advantage of the discount - it will probably cover your membership cost compared to the regular registration fee. And yes, you must be a paid S2KCA member to attend S2KDays.

Here we come San Antonio!
    Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
    '07 VW Touareg V6
    '70 Volvo 1800E

List of things to do in San Antonio:

San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau

Sea World is not mentioned but is also there. Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is not too far away. Shopping at the San Marcos Outlet Mall for those with a big enough credit limit.
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich
      List of things to do in San Antonio:

San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau

Sea World is not mentioned but is also there. Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is not too far away. Shopping at the San Marcos Outlet Mall for those with a big enough credit limit.
      Thanks for the link Ulrich. Now, how do we get them to put S2KDays on there?
      Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
      '07 VW Touareg V6
      '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Davo, I will help in anyway that I can. i will be making my resv this weekend and sending Vinny a check.

If the #'s get large enough, lets do 2 drives at the same time, so that it is more manageable. We can do a funkona, a poker run.
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
        Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Originally posted by Coop
          Davo, I will help in anyway that I can. i will be making my resv this weekend and sending Vinny a check.

If the #'s get large enough, lets do 2 drives at the same time, so that it is more manageable. We can do a funkona, a poker run.
          Coop - If we get the turnout that I think we will then I think we're going to need more that just two drive groups!

They did a great job in Austin putting together about 5-6 different drives that all met up together for lunch. I would really like to use that same model for this event if it works out. I would prefer that we keep groups to about 10 - 15. That also allows us to split it up into groups based on driving style.
          Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
          '07 VW Touareg V6
          '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

that's the idea
            Coop
            Life Member 57
            Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time

Comment

You can reach the folks at Spokes here: www.spokes.org.
              "Be the change you want to see in the world."
              -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
              '02 S2000 NFR S/C
              '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
              Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

I'm looking forward to this event and let's hope for some excellent weather and a great turnout !
                Thanks,
                Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Count me in! =]

Comment

I'll be happy to plan and lead a drive group...hopefully of less than 10 cars. Bandera would be a great town to have lunch (or breakfast) in...it's a true cowboy town, perfectly matching the TX stereotype. One drive we did there, we saw a cowboy riding his horse out of an ATM drive-through lane!
                    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                    '08 Ridgeline RTL
                    '02 Z06

Comment

almost moved there, owned 10acres, just didn't work out
                      Coop
                      Life Member 57

Comment

I just joined this site and even though I am Houston, TX born and raised I moved to San Antonio this past Jan. after I graduated college and got a job...and a S2000. Can I attend this event for free since I live here or how would that work?...........EDIT: Nevermind just read the 1st post.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMike
                          I just joined this site and even though I am Houston, TX born and raised I moved to San Antonio this past Jan. after I graduated college and got a job...and a S2000. Can I attend this event for free since I live here or how would that work?...........EDIT: Nevermind just read the 1st post.
                          Welcome to the website, Mike. Glad to hear you're interested in our national event. Here's some info on joining our club: http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5852

Comment

ok jus became a member of the site...but looks like i need to get a paid membership to be part of s2kca......

i am in san antonio...if i decide to join yall...what day and where would i meet up with yall...

and do u need any help as far as restaurants, bars....in san antonio on the riverwalk...let me know....born and raised...

Comment

Originally posted by mr_grand_prix
                              ok jus became a member of the site...but looks like i need to get a paid membership to be part of s2kca......

i am in san antonio...if i decide to join yall...what day and where would i meet up with yall...

and do u need any help as far as restaurants, bars....in san antonio on the riverwalk...let me know....born and raised...
                              Welcome to the site Gus! Since S2KDays is our big annual event this is a members only event so , yes, you will have to join the Club as a member to attend. Many of us will be coming down Thursday afternoon/evening since the activities start right up Friday morning with the karting at Iron Rock Raceway in Austin. Since you live in San Antonio you don't have to stay at the event hotel (Tapatio Springs outside Boerne) if you want to save some money.

The cost for S2KCA members to attend is $90 for the whole weekend. The karting is $50 more (about a $75 discount) or you can use the $75 gift certificate for a round of golf or time at the resort spa. Friday we're having a reception at the resort and then heading down to the Riverwalk, etc. There will be group drives on Saturday (lunch provided) and a nice banquet dinner Saturday night. At the banquet everyone that attends will also be entered into the raffle of sponsor provided goodies as well.

Anyway - I think you can see that you'll get a lot for your membership and event registration. I hope you decide to join us and thanks for your interest in the Club!
                              Davo

'02 Sebring Silver
                              '07 VW Touareg V6
                              '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Working...
                              X