CenTex Christmas party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CenTex Christmas party

For those who participated last year, you'll know that the Christmas party is a not-to-be missed event for us! Last year's party included a drive to Opie's for lunch and a white elephant gift exchange that provided laughs for weeks!

As of right now, it appears that this will be held on Dec 17 (I will post if there is a change, but it's highly unlikely). There is a post at "the other place" with photos of last year's party; it was a whole lot of fun!

White elephant gifts should be under $20 and anything goes: the zanier the better! (for instance, last year gifts ranged from fur lined handcuffs to a Motorola Talk About FRS radio. Be cool, be crazy, be kinky (as Jeff was last year bringing the handcuffs!), but just put it in your calendar!

Mods: please leave this in the Central region forums, since it's open to (and we're hoping to welcome) the San Antonio folks as well as visiting DFW and Houston folks too.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
    '02 S2000 NFR S/C
    '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
    Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Wasn't me!

Comment

Plans finalized; the only question at the moment is a starting point, TBD in the next week or so.

Dec 17:
      10am meet at the Starbucks inside the Randall's at Mopac and William Cannon.
      10:30 depart for twisty fun pre-lunch
      12:00 pm arrive at Opie's in Spicewood for lunch, white elephant gift exchange
      1:00-1:30 (depending on arrival time) depart for Fredericksburg via backroads chock full o' fun
      ?:?? arrive Fburg: shop, sample beer, etc. The core folks will probably end up at the Fredericksburg Brewery or Auslander, depending on wait times, for barley pop treats
      5pm depart for Johnson City to tour the holiday lights
      Last edited by SondraS2k; 12-08-2005, 12:59 AM. Reason: change in event time
      -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
      '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

I'm in!
        Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
        '08 Ridgeline RTL
        '02 Z06

Comment

I regret to say I will be unable to attend this year. Maybe next year. I know it will be difficult but everyone is just going to have to have fun without me.
          Thanks,
          Joe
          "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

My wife and I are going to try and make it. However, things still up in the air since I will be traveling the week before.

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

I keep seeing the plans changing on the other forum, is this a different drive and party, or just a separate drive arriving to Opie's?

Comment

Same one, and I need to update here...
                  -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                  '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

Updated departure so that some of us can get back in time for Chris' 40th bday party:

10:00 AM arrival - 10:30 AM departure for the drive

Starbuck's Coffee at 6600 S. MOPAC @ W. William Cannon (inside Randall's)
                    This is just north of the intersection of S. MOPAC and William Cannon
                    -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                    '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

It's in the Randall's parking lot...inside Randall's, I suspect you'll have to settle for some other kind of coffee.
                      Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                      '08 Ridgeline RTL
                      '02 Z06

Comment

Looks like we will miss this round. I am travelling all this week and next so the weekend will be my only time to get some x-mas shopping done. I am pretty much booked until after CES in Vegas in Jan.

Jeff/Chris,

Interested in putting together a drive in Jan? We could use somone that knows the roads well. An all S2K drive would be cool and help our chapter get to know each other better.

Comment

correct start point?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselpilot1969
                            Yes, that's right. It's inside the Randall's grocery store. I can't wait!
                            -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                            '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

No, it's in the Randall's parking lot - Starbacks has a standalone store there.
                              Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                              '08 Ridgeline RTL
                              '02 Z06

Comment

Doh.... well anyway, look for the Randall's; we'll be there!
                                -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                                '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

Working...
                                X