This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin & Lone Star April 8th meet for lunch

Ok guys & gals, April 8th the Lone Star chapter is going to do a Bluebonnet drive (hope their out), so Java & I think we should just meet up for lunch in La Grange. I think we should meet around 1-1:30pm.
    I will be driving out there soon to pick out a place to eat, so that is to come.
    Who's up for this?

Lone Star Members
    meet at Exxon at Spring Cypress & Hwy290 at 9:45am, leaving at 10am. There is a parking lot next to the Exxon. If you need gas, etc, get it and then move to the larger lot. Plan on some stops along the way for photos and other things. We should meet up with the Austin group around 1pm for lunch.

Lone Star Members going
    Coop & MsS2000
    Kraemer007
    Ulrich(?)
    Hastarock
    Presidente
    dangdatsdanny
    joe_s2k(?)
    s2Kouichi
    boyxdotxcom(?)
    gegege(?)
    Moike

Austin Members
    Meet at Randall's on hwy 290, just east of hwy 35 at 9:30. We will have a hard start at 10:00. You will need $4.00 to get through the state park and some some cash for lunch. If you have a 2 way radio, you should bring it along. There are also some nice spots for pics so if you have a camera, bring it as well. I will print up some maps and give them out in the morning.

Austin Members going
    Forza007
    spiderxvpbiking
    Java
    SondraS2k
    Alvinderp
    Chris S.

For Lone Star members, if Bluebonnets are not out during this drive, I will try to do another in MAY
    Last edited by Coop; 03-28-2006, 02:27 AM.
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
    Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Sorry, but how far is La Grange from San Antonio? I am interested in the drive since I haven't gotten a chance to meet anyone in person. This will be my first time if I go

Comment

I will go.

Comment

La Grange is about half way between SA and Houston about 15 - 20 miles North of I10. I don't know what route the Austin group will take but I'm pretty sure it won't include I10.
        Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
        '07 VW Touareg V6
        '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Cool, I will be there in that case. Do I just need to bring cash for food and stuff?

Comment

I don't know the details myself but I'm sure Coop or Java will post them up when it's all planned out - still a long way out. There should be some fun roads between Austin and La Grange. The Colorado River continues from Austin down through Bastrop and La Grange so I would guess the fun roads would be in that general vacinity down there.
            Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
            '07 VW Touareg V6
            '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Awesome, excited about meeting some of the folks. Hope to see you all soon.

Cormick

Comment

Cormick, this is still early in planning but the Lone Star group will be doing a drive. I would think that you can pick out some nice roads and meet us, or join up with the Austin group and drive with them. Looking forward to meeting you.
                Coop
                Life Member 57
                Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time

Comment

I don't know if we'll be able to attend or not (will be in St. Petersburg the previous weekend for the GP), but we'll try! Sounds like fun!
                  "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                  -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                  '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                  '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                  Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Drive? Someone said "Drive"?

I'm in
                    hasta

Comment

Count me in. Thx

Comment

When I went to UT, on weekends that I drove home to Houston, I use to stop at La Grange for kolaches.....They are the best there at that one store. Forgot the name, but that beats kolache factory anyday of the week. I might just have to attend to get some kolaches.

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

So we have a couple of proposed routes. I am not sure how long the drive will take, but here were some suggestions in no particular order...

From 183 FM969 East/South to Bastrop.
                          Go into Bastrop State Park at the West (I assume main) entrance.
                          Find Park Road 1C and take that East out of the park all the way to FM153.
                          FM153 to SH77 just a ways North of La Grange.
                          Take SH77 South to La Grange.

Or we could go...

Take some backroads from 35 and Parmer to Manor. Blake Manor to Taylor Lane to 969. Take 969 (I think that's it?) to just outside of Bastrop. Go to Bastrop St. Park, and take the park road (awesome - tight, twisty, lots of elevation changes - is good fun even at a moderate pace) that connects to Buescher St. Park. That puts you near Smithville, then head to 77 through Winchester. From there, meet for lunch in LaGrange.

I think these are pretty similar routes through the state park so anyone have any other suggestions... Jeff?

Thoughts from the Austin S2KCA folks?

Comment

I will work on a route later, so that we can get there around 1pm, and then a route back. I think this will be an all day event for Lone Star people. Looking forward to it.
                            Coop
                            Life Member 57

Comment

Can I become a lonestar member? I don't know if it is only a Houston thing and seems like you guys do alot of fun things.....

Comment

Anyone is welcome. And it's only a little over two hours from San Antonio to one of hour meetings (...if you avoid traffic in Houston itself).
                                "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                                Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Oh, I'm in, by the way. Unless I am in Europe that week. Or in New York, depending on how the dice fall...
                                  "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                                  Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Sounds good, how often are the meetings? Really don't want to drive to Houston every week

Comment

Check the calendar and get in touch with Bruce (aka coop).
                                      "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

i'm interested

Comment

Working...
                                        X