Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking the RT-615's. Looking for feedback!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking the RT-615's. Looking for feedback!!

Looking for general feedback on how they perform. I just picked up a set 225/255. Thx

I loved them on my M3, I assume you're using 17" wheels, because us guys with 16's have to run the hankooks or stick with so2-so3's.

Comment

Originally posted by loudes13
      I loved them on my M3, I assume you're using 17" wheels, because us guys with 16's have to run the hankooks or stick with so2-so3's.
      17" CE28n's with PS2. Did you track or autox them? If so. how did they do on extended runs..

Comment

I have some friends with NSX's and they love them on the track.
        S2KLA/Central Coast Cruisers

Comment

I have autocrossed on mine once. Unfortunately, my alignment was a mess so I can not give constructive feedback yet. They are fantastic on the street and in the rain. I would assume that since they are a bit less temperature sensitive than the RT-215s that they will be better suited to the track.

Post a pic of the wheels on the car!

Comment

Originally posted by GChambers
            I have autocrossed on mine once. Unfortunately, my alignment was a mess so I can not give constructive feedback yet. They are fantastic on the street and in the rain. I would assume that since they are a bit less temperature sensitive than the RT-215s that they will be better suited to the track.

Post a pic of the wheels on the car!
            Cool, I will report back after I run on them at TWS.

pm me your email address and I will send you an image. I can't figure out how to upload an image

Comment

Originally posted by spiderxvpbiking
              I can't figure out how to upload an image
              Here you go spider: http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942

Comment

I picked up a set a few months ago, but unfortunately I have not gotten them mounted yet. I've got my snow setup on the car right now and with the occasional snow storms and the recent dip in temperatures (try -40 to -60 F with the windchill), I don't anticipate putting the Azenis on any time soon.

Comment

Well AC how about some feedback
                  Coop
                  Life Member 57
                  Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
                  It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
                  Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Having had 3 track events on Mich PS2 and transitioning to the RT-615. Falken is a couple of notch's above PS2 in shear dry grip. Both are very quiet at the limits and have the same progressive breakaway feel. The Falken has better turn in especially after several heated laps. Both are easy to drive at the limits. The Falken handles heat much better. Breaking distance is about the same. In my opinion the Falken beat out my old PS2 in every catergory especially cost except wet traction. Although, the Falken offered great wet traction. I have no experience with wet traction on the track. I only have 2k miles on them. So far I am happy with the wear. $500 shipped to the door is a heck of a deal.

My set up
                    BC racing spec 10k f/r
                    Volks Le28N 17x7.5 / 17x9
                    -1.5f / -2.5r & 1/4 toe
                    30psi f / 29psi r / cold temp
                    36psi f / 35psi r / hot temp

Comment

I agree, I autox'd them, time trial'd them, and instructed at hpde's. I had to wet them at a ax due to heat, but when driving 10/10th will do that to many tire types in my experience, this is on a fairly stock e36 m3. I suspect the s2k will be easier on tires (guess I'll find out in 3 wks)

Comment

Spider, thanks for the review!

Comment

Working...
                        X