New grill time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New grill time

Okee... well I love grilling (man+meat+fire=love) - but I don't do it very often because of the PITA getting the charcoal going etc (actually, the biggest problem is that I don't want to waste several pounds of charcoal to grill a single burger or a couple of hot dogs... so I only grill when I can make a big deal of it and do a lot of meat).

SO - as a result of the above, I've decided that I need a gas grill. Knowing how things (fail to) last these days, I started browsing around a little at the cheapies... I am not *about* to spend $500+ on a grill that will still need to be replaced in a few years.

Anyway, the point is that I think I've found a winner:
    here

The Weber Q 200 can be had for about $180. Based on the Amazon reviews about shipping breakage I'd probably buy it from Home Depot (same price... though I'd have to pay tax ) I wasn't looking for a portable - but it would be kinda cool for taking camping etc. I guess I could get/build a little table to hold it. Also, being portable I wouldn't have to leave it outside to rust away on the patio.

It has a smallish grilling surface - but from the reviews it looks like the heavy grilling surface spreads the heat very well and minimizes hot spots etc.

Downsides are that it takes nonstandard small propane bottles and they want like $23 for the 20lb tank adapter (I already own a tank) - BUT I think you can buy/make adapters much cheaper than that.

Any thoughts?

so are u grilling for events now? *hint hint*

Comment

I dunno if it would fit in the S2000 (probably would). But I can always bring the truck and grill up a storm!

I have an additional handy cookout accessory installed on my truck's bumper:

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser442
        I dunno if it would fit in the S2000 (probably would). But I can always bring the truck and grill up a storm!

I have an additional handy cookout accessory installed on my truck's bumper:
        This man know's how to par-tee! You all are in trouble now.
        Thanks,
        Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

He seems pretty well in control at our S2000 GTGs. Maybe it's his Xterra buddies that bring out the worst in him.

Good to see you tonight kaiser.
          Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
          '07 VW Touareg V6
          '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

I've had a Weber Q for a couple of years and its the best thing. It heats up real quick, and cooks very evenly. It has a cast iron grill and is real good for searing meat. I bought the adapter and a 20 lb tank and it last all summer long and then some. I dont remember the adapter costing that much, I bought the adapter at Orchard Supply. I also have the cart and the cover. It sits outside all the time no rust whatsoever. I think its just as good or better than the big boys. hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X