Evasive handling!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evasive handling!!

Today I was able to avoid a fairly serious freeway pileup because of our car's handling. A car that got cut off had jerked the wheel and hit the brakes (best way to start a spin) and spun off the freeway to the right, and then came across all 4 lanes to the left. As it came across in front of me, I was able to dart over one lane, downshift, and vtec the car away from other drivers that were evading the spinning car. This is evidence that excellent handling is also an effective safety feature. The RA-1's also helped I'm sure. Safe driving everyone!

Dimitri

The skills you learned at the track?

But say... You're driving your track tires in everyday traffic?!
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

glad you are ok!!!

Comment

ditto

Comment

glad your Ok and I think it was the car & Driver that made the difference
          Coop
          Life Member 57
          Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
          It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
          Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

This car can get you out of as much trouble as it can get you into. That's what makes it so fun to drive.

Glad you're ok.
            Thanks,
            Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Originally posted by joe_s2k
              This car can get you out of as much trouble as it can get you into. That's what makes it so fun to drive.

Glad you're ok.

but that's only if you know how to drive it.
              Coop
              Life Member 57
              Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
              It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
              Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Originally posted by Coop
                but that's only if you know how to drive it.
                That's true. If you don't know how to drive it, you can only get into trouble.
                Thanks,
                Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Working...
                X