Spring and the weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring and the weather

I took my car in for some servicing this week. (Got to keep it running like the thoroughbred it is.) Unfortunately I wasn't able to pick it up until Thursday. Tuesday night there was a massive hail storm.

The damage isn't nearly as bad as some others experienced, but it is depressing all the same.

Last edited by Geo02s2k; 04-14-2016, 02:22 PM.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
    Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Damn! That sucks!
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Ouch! George, I just don't know what to say!
      sigpic

Comment

Our younger son lives in Frisco (near Dallas) and the hail tore holes in the roof of his fabric patio gazebo. Fortunately for him, he and his wife part their cars in their garage.

Comment

Sorry to see/hear this, George. Please post news on your status as you go through the insurance process.
          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Geez , some large size hail in your parts. We don't really get it like that in our parts, but we get enough crappy weather to make up for lack of hail. . Good luck with the repair process.

Comment

Sorry to hear. You will be surprised what a good PDR guy can do. Unfortunately the top is another issue.

Comment

They left a convertible outside in a forecast hail storm??? They at least owe you a new top for that bonehead move. Sorry to hear George. Hope you get it taken care of to your satisfaction.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                  They left a convertible outside in a forecast hail storm??? They at least owe you a new top for that bonehead move. Sorry to hear George. Hope you get it taken care of to your satisfaction.
                  "Act of god". They won't do anything. The manager said they had 140 customer cars in for the airbag replacement. All if them also damaged to some extent.

It could have been a lot worse if it had been further west:
                  http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/weath...ge-7246254.php

Comment

When the weather forecast says "strong hail producing storms possible", it's time to bring the soft top cars inside. Act of god my ass. They saw it coming.

And why is "God" invoked in insurance claims anyway? Here in the 21st century we have a much better handle on how sh!t happens and why. Plus thanks to satellites, we can see what god has planned for us over the next few days. Ridiculous and archaic for them to claim that crap...

sigpic
                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

My insurance company has all the details. I'm sure they don't want to pay out, so I'll let them pursue it if it is something that can be pursued. I have a lawyer I can talk to as well.

Comment

It should all be covered by your comprehensive insurance.

griff
                        "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

If your car is placed in deportation my lawyer can help.
                          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                          Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                          Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Insurance adjuster came today. I'll post more when I've really had a chance to look over the report, but it sounds promising so far.

Comment

$4,300 to repair all of the dents using PDR. Includes $1,100 to replace the top. Now the trick will be to find a place that will actually do it for that price and that has any time to do it.

As I look around, there are a LOT of people who's cars were far more damaged than mine. My S actually had very little damage comparatively.

Comment

If you want to drive to Houston, I have a really good dent guy here in town...
                                "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                                Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post
                                  If you want to drive to Houston, I have a really good dent guy here in town...
                                  Hey Ulrich,
                                  How are you holding up in Houston?
                                  I haven't seen a picture of you up to your neck in water on the news.

griff
                                  "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

High and dry. My neighborhood in general was flooded, but the wter did not even make it up my driveway. It's all good.
                                    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                                    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Are things starting to dry out and get back to normal?
                                      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Yes, now the mosquitos are coming! Yay!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X