This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke my car again

After 17 years of ownership I was under the impression that I have broken my car in every manner possible. Most part have been replaced once, some parts have broken twice. Some parts have broken many times,

One the way to lunch last week the clutch stopped working.

It was not slipping it just stopped working. The clutch fluid did not seem to be low. The pedal went up and down normally but no clutch function. I think I am on clutch number 6 or 7, but this particular failure has never happened before.

I drove it a short way to find a good parking lot.

Its in the shop.

I will update you later,

2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

*subscribed*
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Time for a nice reliable silver car.

Will be watching this thread to see what happened. Hope it is something simple and inexpensive.
      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
      | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

So far no news from the shop.

It has ben a few days, I am hoping fro the best.
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

It was still on a lift on Saturday. Was wondering what you did to it this time.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I heard back from the shop today.

I fused the clutch to the flywheel in a manner that they had to chisel the clutch off the fly wheel.

So the plan is to replace the clutch and pressure plate.

While the transmission is off the synchromesh will be replaced and any other tranny problems fixed.

a little this a little that and she will be back on the road soon,

Comment

I may have achieved the goal of breaking the car in a manner that has never been achieved before.
              Last edited by speedracer; 03-14-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

wow.
                -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
                https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                  I may have achieved the goal of breaking the car in a manner that has never been achieved before.
                  Nice to know your red car can be first at something.

S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
                  | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Any guesses as to how this was achieved?

Comment

I heard back from the shop today.

I fused the clutch to the flywheel in a manner that they had to chisel the clutch off the fly wheel.
                      That is certainly a new one for me. Were you using a strange clutch material?

I look at this like stepping on the brakes and having the pads fuse to the rotor.

griff

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

You might be replacing a flywheel too if they really had to chisel it off.

sigpic
                        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I have been using an aftermarket clutch and pressure plate from clutch masters. This particular clutch has been on the car about a year. I was starting aggressively from a stop at a light and it happend in first gear. I was not drag racing I was making a left turn.

I plan lane to resurface the flywheel or use a different one. I have a driving style that seems to eat clutches. Also eats transmissions and many other drive train parts.

Comment

I've got a lightweight one I took off after a few thousand miles, if you're interested give me a holla
                            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

I have a driving style that seems to eat clutches. Also eats transmissions and many other drive train parts.
                              So you're saying that red isn't the reason for your being slow....

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X