No announcement yet.

Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But are they Racy Red Ribs? That's the Real question. Do they Rule or are they Ruined? Let's hope they don't give anyone the Runs.
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
    ​​​​​​
    Quote of the Month:

In response to What time is... Will there be... Are we... How do we...

"RTFP!"
    -Gene Strupe

Comment

• I guess the point is that Red car Road trips and Red Ribs all Represent love.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• Yikes, do not open this thread if you're hungry!
        (Somewhat off topic...has anyone else seen the nice review on the S600 in blog.jalopnik? Sean...John?)
        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

• cached.imagescaler.hbpl.co-11-20161026120357480.png
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
          ​​​​​​
          Quote of the Month:

"RTFP!"
          -Gene Strupe

Comment

• It was a nice review of the Honda 600. This is the detail I remember. My s600 is worth 40000. All I have to do is put it together!
            2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Somewhere between 10 and 40 grand (with 40K being for an unmolested low mileage clean car). You'd like to think a clean good looking restoration would fall somewhere in the high midpoint. Twenty plus or there about. But it's all moot if you keep it!
              No chance it's left hand drive is there? That would up the rarity and jack the value up nicely.
              What stuck with me was the review of the driving experience, sounds like it would be a hoot to tool around in! (Not impossible to drive for us that are larger than the average Japanese either.)
              Trying to imagine what it would be like to look in my rear view mirror and see your head floating along in space behind my car!

(Just got back from my "rib run"!)
              2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

• My s600 has been molested , abused ,cut in half , welded back together. It had extensive high quality body work completed. It is left hand drive convertible with a fiberglass hard top.

I have many restoration decisions to make about my end goal targets. So far my project car goals have been low. The quality of the builds marginal and other than meeting the run and driver criteria , I have not set specific examples objectives.

I will not start on the s600 until I purge the driveway of the other 2 projects.

Comment

• I would think the "cut in half" might not be a selling point, but it is a left hand drive making it one of a select few made for the Canadian market (what was it a dozen or so?). Again though, as you say, building it to tool around in with no thought of resale, a heck of a unique fun car for a Sunday afternoon drive (maybe after a cars and coffee meet).
                  One guarantee is you won't be seeing another one on the drive!

Comment

• Rocketman. I just read that the new Shelby GT 500 will make 760 HP. Will your car do that?

Comment

• Have a good day.

Comment

• Nope. That's too much for 1970's brake and suspension technology. It will, however, put out a respectable 430+ hp. And without that awful gravelly noise the new cars have. Speaking of, it's time for another update. Battery is in, shifter is in, parking brake is hooked up, new wheels and tires are on and she's off jack stands for the first time in two months. Gotta finish painting my rear valance (Dupli-Color spray paint is inconsistent as hell) and install fenders, grille, hood, and front bumper. The long pole at this point is exhaust. Oh, and not starting a fire.....
                        Attached Files

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• Nice work.
                          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

​​​​​​
                          Quote of the Month:

"RTFP!"
                          -Gene Strupe

Comment

• Sweet!

Comment

• That’s looking good! Nice work Rocketman.
                              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

• It is all fun and games until you try to make the taillights pass inspection.

Comment

• Nothing worse than surprises at the inspection place. I try to get those little things cleared up before I declare that I'm "ready for inspection, sir." Must be the 12 years in the Navy....

sigpic
                                  2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                                  Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• 2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                                      Nothing worse than surprises at the inspection place. I try to get those little things cleared up before I declare that I'm "ready for inspection, sir." Must be the 12 years in the Navy....
                                      You know this had to come.

Comment

• S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

• Yes, I was expecting it. Maybe not from you, but....yeah.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X