No announcement yet.

Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

“You need to resist the temptation to communicate via words that are not your own and which only vaguely apply to your specific situation.” -R. Waterland

Oh bugger!

Comment

• Let's see...The Village People and The Spanish Inquisition...
      Nope don't want to touch that one!

Don't they make aftermarket kits to upgrade tail lights for hot rodders for just that purpose?
      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

• Back to work this morning.
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
        Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
        Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• Happy Saturday.
          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Originally posted by speedracer View Post
            Happy Saturday.
            And to you.

June Gloom here. Come August I'll be missing the fog, but right now it's just gloomy. Not terrible driving weather though.
            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

“You need to resist the temptation to communicate via words that are not your own and which only vaguely apply to your specific situation.” -R. Waterland

Oh bugger!

Comment

• In H town we have reached the part of the year when you open the door in the pre dawn hours to let the dog out you are hit in the face with a blast of hot humid air . You crack the door just wide enough to let him out and the crawl back into bed to enjoy more air conditioning.

Later you dash from the door to the air conditioned car. Scamper from the air conditioned car to the air conditioned office. Then if you feel the need to exercise you go to an air conditioned gym.

If you would like some entertainment you can go to an air conditioned mall or an air-conditioned baseball stadium.

Therefore I am working my air conditioned office.
              Last edited by speedracer; 06-22-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

In H town we have reached the part of the year when you open the door in the pre dawn hours to let the dog out you are hit in the face with a blast of hot humid air . You crack the door just wide enough to let him out and the crawl back into bed to enjoy more air conditioning.

Later you dash from the door to the air conditioned car. Scamper from the air conditioned car to the air conditioned office. Then if you feel the need to exercise you go to an air conditioned gym.

If you would like some entertainment you can go to an air conditioned mall or an air-conditioned baseball stadium.

Therefore I am working my air conditioned office.
                As some of us choose to work out in the steamy garage and get our cars running. Guess what? It's working!!!! The red Mach I started and ran today! I have a couple of leaks to work on, but I have no doubt I will be out driving it in no time! W00T!!!!!

Speedracer, if you want proof, check the text message I just sent you.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• I have seen the video that the red rocket is running.
                  It is a rather amazing accomplishment to achieve in the current weather conditions.

I have made plans to bury my shame at a local movie theater with ms Speedracer in the air conditioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

As some of us choose to work out in the steamy garage and get our cars running. Guess what? It's working!!!! The red Mach I started and ran today! I have a couple of leaks to work on, but I have no doubt I will be out driving it in no time! W00T!!!!!

Speedracer, if you want proof, check the text message I just sent you.
                    Congrats on the staring of your Mustang's engine
                    Coop
                    Life Member 57
                    KE0BND
                    What other people think of me, is none of my business
                    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

• I do not think I am going to win .

Comment

I do not think I am going to win .
                        That's because you're not trying, which is a typical trait of red car drivers. Good thing I am a silver car driver.

sigpic
                        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• We are both red car drivers . We are both silver car drivers. This is clearly case a case of Rocketman having the time energy and willpower to push forward on his build. I have had other priorities lately..... like air conditioning and ms speedracer

Comment

We are both red car drivers . We are both silver car drivers.
                            Must be like having a multi-personality disorder.
                            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Oh bugger!

Comment

• I'm sure it is, since the cars have different personalities. I think it's the opposite of a disorder though.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                                I'm sure it is, since the cars have different personalities. I think it's the opposite of a disorder though.
                                So if you had a BMW, your personality would change to match and you would immediately be unable to park between white lines?

Which personality is default... the one when you aren't behind the wheel?
                                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Oh bugger!

Comment

• At this moment I am just basically excited that Rocketman is close to finishing an amazing build. He had his first start this weekend and there are few things that top a first start on a build.

Comment

• Thank you Mr. Speedracer! It has been an interesting journey to say the least. I find myself going out to the garage now not to work, but to gaze at the magnificence and start the car for no particular reason other than to hear it run. I got a wild hair an hour ago and did just that.

I hope that some day soon, you will hear it too, because it is the epitome of '70's muscle car sound. Big lopey cam, louder than my neighbors prefer, kind of shimmys at idle. I am super happy with it, and can't wait to row the gears on the Hurst shifter.

sigpic

Comment

• Just the opposite of my fine German machine that has counter weights to make it smoother.

Comment

• Quite the opposite of that. She smooths out nicely after 1500, but there is always that unmistakable thump of American V8 power.

sigpic

Comment

• Porsches do not thump. They purrrrrr.

Comment

Working...
                                          X