No announcement yet.

Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice progress! Mine is 99% back together and running strong.
    Attached Files

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• Nice ride! All that hard work has finally paid off.
      I'm supposing all the girls want a ride now.

Comment

• Please notice that he never shows the tail lights working.
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
        Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
        Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• 99%= not street legal.....
          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Meanwhile back at the Speedracer shop I am sitting in ac at the Toyota dealership getting the Prius worked on. I am not allowed to work on the Prius.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedracer View Post
              Meanwhile back at the Speedracer shop I am sitting in ac at the Toyota dealership getting the Prius worked on. I am not allowed to work on the Prius.
              You'd just electrocute yourself, so that is probably a good thing.

Rocketman: Looking fantastic! Good job!

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
              Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Please notice that he never shows the tail lights working.

Attached Files

sigpic
                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• If you like, I can take another one after the sun goes down in case your old eyes can't see them on. Turn signals also work, as do the side markers. I am having some trouble with the brake light switch though, and the horns. Those should be fixed or at least narrowed down this weekend. Then we go to 99.5%. I still can't get a good finish coat of paint on my rear valance, so I'm going to either put it on as-is (for the license plate), or suck it up and take it to Maaco.

sigpic

Comment

• Yes the truth has now come out. NO BRAKE LIGHTS...

Comment

• Yes I see some very dim light but we now know the car has NO BRAKE LIGHTS..

Comment

• On a more serious note, the dealership mechanic that did the brake job on the Prius apparently did not torque down the bolts to the rear calipers resulting in the destruction of two calipers and damage to one of the wheels. I am upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post

You'd just electrocute yourself, so that is probably a good thing.

Rocketman: Looking fantastic! Good job!
                          There is a strong possibility I would turbo the Prius mod the suspension and paint it red

Comment

Yes I see some very dim light but we now know the car has NO BRAKE LIGHTS..
                            Don't get too excited. That's pretty easy to fix, at least on an old Ford. Does the Porsche have brake lights? Asking for a friend....

Sorry to hear about the Prius. At least no one was electrocuted.

sigpic

Comment

• Oh yeah....I just took the Stang out for a little drive around the neighborhood.

sigpic

Comment

• Happy Monday

Comment

• What is the brake light report?

Comment

• The brake light switch will be here Thursday. I know the bulbs and fuse are good. Dash lights are also not working, nor are the hazard lights. I don't know what's going on with the horn. It's such a simple circuit, but it goes through the turn signal/hazard switch which is questionable, so I'm hoping a new one of those will kill two birds with one switch. It also arrives Thursday. I think the brake lights and horn are the only things keeping me from passing a safety inspection.

sigpic

Comment

• Why don't you go the geezer route and hot wire the left turn signal to leave it run all the time. You're getting to about the right age too!

OK OK that comment about the age is unfair.

Comment

• Sounds like with a little luck this will be done next weekend .

Comment

• I have been on several long road trips with Rocketman and I have never seen him pull any geezer moves.
                                          Last edited by speedracer; 07-16-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X