Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Friday
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• Originally posted by speedracer View Post
      Happy Friday
      -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
      California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
      ​​​​​​
      Quote of the Month:

In response to What time is... Will there be... Are we... How do we...

"RTFP!"
      -Gene Strupe

Comment

• Is this the weekend that Rocketman gets his car street legal?
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Or is this the weekend Speedracer reveal s that he has been quietly working on the Porsche project

Comment

• Probably neither. Rocketman's Mustang has gremlins and we all know that Mrs. speedracer won't let the Porsche inside with the AC.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• I am going go work with ms speed racer

Comment

Is this the weekend that Rocketman gets his car street legal?
                Got a little closer today. Horn works and emergency flashers work. Brake lights and back up lights are still a mystery but I'll work on those some more tomorrow.

sigpic
                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• so Close

Comment

• Enjoying ac with ms speed.

Comment

• Backup lights now working. Had to pull half the dash apart to find that the PO had completely cut out a connector and repurposed the wire that powers my backup light switch for an aftermarket radio. Finally found both ends of the cut wire and spliced them together. I'm a hot, sweaty mess after crawling around under the dash all day. Glad you're relaxing instead of working on your cars!

sigpic

Comment

• I hate working under the dash. It was a little cooler today but still I am sure it was miserable working under the dash. I am sure that when you found the source of the problem you had unkind words for the previous owner.

look back on post 98 for an early Speedracer prediction that the dreaded safety inspection would plague the end of your project.

Comment

• I ventured out of the ac and started the Miata race car. I have it on a trickle charger and it started on the first try . It ran smoothly for awhile and the I placed it back in the garage.

Comment

• Happy Monday.

Comment

Well. I have never considered you to be the over torque type. Perhaps you were thinking about something else and got over excited with a wrench in your hand. Hopefully you were not using an impact wrench on a delicate part.
                              Well, less than 10 ft-lb of torque is pretty easy to apply. I was using my large torque wrench, but it is apparently not very accurate at very low levels of torque and with the extra leverage, easy to over-torque it. But thanks for saying I'm weak.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
                              Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

• I have three torque wrenches. A small one for low torque. A medium one for regular jobs and then a really big one for the Porsche crank shaft. I was not saying you were weak. I just think that you are a good mechanic. And not prone to attaching bolts In an uncontrolled manner.

Comment

I hate working under the dash. It was a little cooler today but still I am sure it was miserable working under the dash. I am sure that when you found the source of the problem you had unkind words for the previous owner.

look back on post 98 for an early Speedracer prediction that the dreaded safety inspection would plague the end of your project.
                                  Plague is a bit strong, but thanks for spelling it correctly.

Yes, I'm finding that getting the car put back together and running was the easy part.

sigpic

Comment

I have three torque wrenches. A small one for low torque. A medium one for regular jobs and then a really big one for the Porsche crank shaft. I was not saying you were weak. I just think that you are a good mechanic. And not prone to attaching bolts In an uncontrolled manner.
                                    I don't know about the good mechanic part. I try. Never had need for a torque wrench other than tightening lug nuts, so I was using what I had. Probably shouldn't have done that.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
                                    Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

• Happy Wednesday. H town got a weather gift last night. The temp dropped into the high 60s. Feels great. My car will be frisky this morning with the cool weather.

Comment

• What a wonderful evening to be out in the garage fixing my brake light problem! Now they work!

sigpic

Comment

• Victory!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X