Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
    Still a couple of weeks away from turning the key and crossing my fingers.
    I am no mechanic, but I'm pretty sure those last two steps are supposed to be done in reverse order.
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
    -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
    -Randy Pausch

Comment

I'll take that under advisement.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I'm putting my money on Rocketman in this "race". Yes, he is a silver car owner (which automatically garners my support) restoring a red car, but I just realized something about Speedracer's car that I had heretofore not thought of. Speedracer is very familiar with the challenges that red cars bring, but his "German" car is actually a French car, which brings with it a whole new set of challenges that rival all of the usual red car challenges. Rocketman's project won't have any of those added issues.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Excellent progress Rocketman. You have a high level of momentum that is likely to carry you to the end of the project. I am hopefully that the next few steps go smoothly for you. Curt is my go to guy for electrical systems. He installed a complete harness for a friends truck and untangled the rats nests of wires in the Miata and the s2000.
          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
          Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
          Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post
            I'm putting my money on Rocketman in this "race". Yes, he is a silver car owner (which automatically garners my support) restoring a red car, but I just realized something about Speedracer's car that I had heretofore not thought of. Speedracer is very familiar with the challenges that red cars bring, but his "German" car is actually a French car, which brings with it a whole new set of challenges that rival all of the usual red car challenges. Rocketman's project won't have any of those added issues.
            I have already taken the 944 apart once before and therefore I am an “expert” 944 mechanic. If I can squeeze out a spare weekend I could have the 944 purring like a kitten and snatch victory at the last moment. I expect it will take years for Rocketman to get the mustang tail lights working well enough to pass inspection.
            2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
              Excellent progress Rocketman. You have a high level of momentum that is likely to carry you to the end of the project. I am hopefully that the next few steps go smoothly for you. Curt is my go to guy for electrical systems. He installed a complete harness for a friends truck and untangled the rats nests of wires in the Miata and the s2000.
              Yes, Curt is the Master for Miatas and S2000s. Old Mustangs, not so much, but I'm sure he could help me figure out how to hook stuff up if I could get him to come take a look. I just ordered an engine gauge harness, so that should make things a little easier. As for the tail lights, they are as much a mystery as the condition of the heater core or fuel sending unit. I'm pretty much focused on firewall-forward for now, but one step at a time....

sigpic
              2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
              Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Proof of progress
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Parts ready to go in when it's their turn
                  Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Okay. I see how this is going......

Comment

I am going to post some 944 pics later this evening!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A42F6BFF-8049-40BE-A1CA-2A100F22002D.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	1664903

Comment

Behold to engine bay of the 944. Quick Jason photo shop a beautiful Porsche engine in the space

Comment

Was that the scene of a fire or something?

sigpic

Comment

That is an empty engine bay waiting for attention.

Comment

Hungry car
                                S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

I will take a pick of my beautiful engine and my shelves of parts ready for installation.

Comment

I notice that rocketman smartly installed a blue engine in his red car, mitigating the red car curse. Very smart!

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

On a completely different note, this is unexpected, but welcome.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/h-e...q-chain-texas/

Comment

Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post
                                        On a completely different note, this is unexpected, but welcome.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/h-e...q-chain-texas/
                                        Great idea! Number one on a list of things I miss about Texas.
                                        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

We went to one on our drive this month. It was great.

Comment

Working...
                                          X