No announcement yet.

Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I already won, so I don't care if you never pick up another wrench!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• Happy Friday.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• I’m waiting for cooler weather to take the cover off of my red car. We might get some rain this weekend, and temperatures may start to fall. Yet today’s high is forecasted for 108F.

That means that outside work like mowing and car washing are done in early morning hours. I wish that weekends were longer.

Comment

• 108 degrees!

I realize temps in the 100s and 110s are completely normal during summer in Phoenix, but it still seems so crazy hot when I hear it. I like visiting that area in the cooler seasons, but once the averages are above 90, nope nope nope. Sedona and Greer were still pleasant enough last month due to their elevation, but the drive back through Phoenix was kind of painful. There was more humidity than usual and it was oppressively hot. Kudos to the people who can survive the Houston heat and humidity combo.

Summer has been great, but I think I'm ready for the cooler weather even here in LA.
          -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
          California Dreamin'

September quote of the month:
          Expecting everyone to ​"live by the golden rule" sounds great, until it occurs to you: clearly you haven't considered that there is a very large portion of the population which is into B&D and S&M.

​​​​​Overheard at SW Tour 2019:
          "Okay, Gene. You eat your nuts; I got the wheel."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
            I already won, so I don't care if you never pick up another wrench!
            I am going for second place
            2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
              I’m waiting for cooler weather to take the cover off of my red car. We might get some rain this weekend, and temperatures may start to fall. Yet today’s high is forecasted for 108F.

That means that outside work like mowing and car washing are done in early morning hours. I wish that weekends were longer.
              This time of year we are enduring both high humidity and high temps. In the morning the humidity is right at 100% so morning is not much better than afternoon. It just makes me smile to think Rocketman had to crawl under his dash for hours fighting make his brake lights work in mid July. All I had to do was get Ms Speedracer to cook him his victory dinner.

Comment

• We have relatively high humidity this time of year, too. It's our "monsoon" or rainy season in mid-summer. Thunderstorms and lightning. With the heat island of Phoenix growing each year, I've seen less and less storm activity actually come through the city. It seems that when we do get them, they often skirt around the center of the city.

Comment

• That sounds like brutal weather.

Comment

• It’s can be brutal. Those of us with inside jobs have air conditioning. It outside workers usually in construction and roadwork that suffer in our summers. When I worked on construction projects, 5:30 am was considered almost late to start the day. Even now, at home, I prefer to wake that early to take advantage of the cooler parts of the day. It’s not unreasonable to start lawn mowers at 6:00 am in our summers. It’s often too hot by 10 or 11 am to be outside doing Yardwork or washing a car.

Comment

• Happy Wednesday.

Comment

• Porsche report for today. Mainly cloudy with an inch of dust.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                          Porsche report for today. Mainly cloudy with an inch of dust.
                          And only 90 degrees!

sigpic
                          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• We were supposed to get a rain storm through Phoenix yesterday, yet it skirted north about 20 miles. Still hovering around 100 F here.

Comment

• Happy Saturday.

Comment

• Time for work

Comment

• Happy Sunday. I am at work.

Comment

• On Sunday?!?!?!?! Dude, you're not a civil servant, doctor, or air traffic controller. Do I need to have a word with your boss?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                    X