• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to turn your red car into one of these:

ccbb21op3.2825.jpg
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

• Perhaps a nice monster truck with a36 inch lift.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• I am concerned that the Rocketman Mustang is in the line of fire for creek flooding
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
          You need to turn your red car into one of these:

ccbb21op3.2825.jpg
          What the blazes is that thing Roseanne?
          Some sort of ceramic shelf nick nack called "A Sunday drive disaster"?
          Ever see "The Great Race" with Jack Lemon, Tony Curtis and Peter Falk?
          "Push the button Max!"

2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuka View Post

What the blazes is that thing Roseanne?
            Some sort of ceramic shelf nick nack called "A Sunday drive disaster"?
            Have you really never seen the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitty_Chitty_Bang_Bang

It's a classic. Even now, 51 years after its making, it's still an amazingly fun movie to watch. It had singing, dancing, dastardly villains, sweets, a former race car brought back to life, and a happy ending.

Dick Van Dyke was the lead actor and even Benny Hill made an appearance as a toy maker.
            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
            The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

• Let's see 51 years ago, 1968...I was busy with a little skirmish overseas in Viet Nam.
              Not much in the way of movie viewing opportunities and frankly not high on my must do list at the time.
              As it was my taste ran more to Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood, Fellini and Peckinpaw when I finally got back to the world.
              2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Let's see 51 years ago, 1968...I was busy with a little skirmish overseas in Viet Nam....
                Well, now that you're back, you have some catching up to do. It appears to be available on Amazon Prime and I highly recommend it for a bit of nostalgic viewing.

Any minute now, Jonathan is going to pop in and ask a trivia question about the author of the book which the movie was based on.

Then we shall probably return to discussions about some color car that keeps strangely recurring in this thread.

Mostly in one-sentence-fragment increments.
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

• Different world, different times...
                  We have Prime.
                  I'll check with Anne, I'll bet good money that she saw, and liked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                    I am concerned that the Rocketman Mustang is in the line of fire for creek flooding
                    Fear not sir! The S will get wet before the Mach I cause it sits lower.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Different world, different times...
                      We have Prime.
                      I'll check with Anne, I'll bet good money that she saw, and liked it.
                      What you did there. Ha!

sigpic
                      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

Fear not sir! The S will get wet before the Mach I cause it sits lower.
                        I am pleased to see you have acknowledge other the red car is faster than the silver car.

Comment

Have you really never seen the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitty_Chitty_Bang_Bang

It's a classic. Even now, 51 years after its making, it's still an amazingly fun movie to watch. It had singing, dancing, dastardly villains, sweets, a former race car brought back to life, and a happy ending.

Dick Van Dyke was the lead actor and even Benny Hill made an appearance as a toy maker.
                          Yes I saw that movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedracer View Post

I am pleased to see you have acknowledge other the red car is faster than the silver car.
                            In a 1/4 mile straight line, absolutely. I built it that way. The silver car would blow the red car's doors off on a track with turns, or even a mile straight line. The Mustang will top out at 120 or so. The S will do that in 5th gear. Bottom line, the silver car is faster and always will be.

sigpic

Comment

Any minute now, Jonathan is going to pop in and ask a trivia question about the author of the book which the movie was based on.
                              Only 22 hours late.

Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

• I'm seeing some rather worrying headlines.

40 inches of rain 'worse than Harvey': Hundreds rescued from floods as Imelda drenches Texas

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...in/2372220001/

Status updates from the Texas folk, please. Y'all okay?
                                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I'm seeing some rather worrying headlines.

40 inches of rain 'worse than Harvey': Hundreds rescued from floods as Imelda drenches Texas

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...in/2372220001/

Status updates from the Texas folk, please. Y'all okay?
                                  Damn, not again! Stay safe guys...

Comment

• This is the update. Most of the very heavy rain was east of Houston in a small town called Winnie. In a small area in Winnie and moving over to Beaumont they got over 25 inches of rain in about 12 hours . In that area for that area it was worse than Harvey . In general most of the more populated areas of Houston the rain was much less.

Comment

• In the case of Harvey the storm was parked of the most populated areas of Houston . Two critical flood control retention structures were over topped. They open the flood gates wide open to prevent catastrophic failure which then resulted in rapid flooding of many neighborhoods down stream of the flood gates. I think the estimate was that 30% of the houses in Houston were damaged in Harvey Today the storm hit in less populated areas. Extremely destructive for the atea that hit hit. In other areas it was just minor street flooding. I think my neighborhood got 3 or 4 inches of rain. Therefore all red cars are safe.

Comment

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

• Glad to hear that, John!

Comment

Working...
                                          X