No announcement yet.

Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you may need to make an appointment with Curt. A compression and leak down test should be on your to do list. It will help you narrow down the cause for the misfire.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

George, let us know when you're coming to see Curt. He is no longer at his old location, but I'm sure he would be willing to help out.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
        George, let us know when you're coming to see Curt. He is no longer at his old location, but I'm sure he would be willing to help out.
        If I lived over there, Curt would definitely be my go-to guy. I'm trying to find someone over here since I'm not keen on having to transport the car. Haven't located that person yet, but I have a lead on a couple of people.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

The misfire code could mean several things. I would start with a tuner shop that can do a little deeper into the cause. Common suspects are bad fuel injector and bad coils.
          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
          Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
          Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Curt has switched coils before on to confirm the diagnosis.
            2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Injectors are a similar deal. It does not seem likely it’s a mechanical problem because it arrived so quickly.

Comment

While you are at the tuner shop have them add a turbo. You need more excitement t in your life.

Comment

Happy Wednesday .

Comment

Street flooding and s2000s do not mix well. I am worried today.

Comment

Perhaps I need a snorkle

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                        Street flooding and s2000s do not mix well. I am worried today.
                        Even worse for those of us with Fujita Cold Air intakes.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                          Perhaps I need a snorkle
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	kids-silicone-2pc-red-01.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1665114
                          -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
                          -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
                          -Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post

Even worse for those of us with Fujita Cold Air intakes.
                            Yes you need to worry about puddles

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	kids-silicone-2pc-red-01.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1665114
                              That may be good for a silver car but I need a really big one for a red car

Comment

*shrug* Yellow cars like it a little wet.

Seriously though, I loved it during the Fredericksburg event when we had to stop to put the tops up because of the sudden downpour. It cooled everything off and it was a great adventure. Yeah, a much heavier deluge would have sucked, but it was just right. Nice that you placed the order in time!
                                -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                                The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

-Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
                                -Randy Pausch

Comment

Rough night in Houston. We had large hail and the Porsche is blocking the carport. I covered the S and hope for the best.

Comment

I have more water in my garage now than I did during Harvey. Major dump tonight!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                                      *shrug* Yellow cars like it a little wet.

Seriously though, I loved it during the Fredericksburg event when we had to stop to put the tops up because of the sudden downpour. It cooled everything off and it was a great adventure. Yeah, a much heavier deluge would have sucked, but it was just right. Nice that you placed the order in time!
                                      You should have been there the evening after the Speedracers and I scouted out wineries! I was more than a little worried driving in that monsoon!

Comment

You should have been there the evening after the Speedracers and I scouted out wineries! I was more than a little worried driving in that monsoon!
                                        Flash floods are no joke. And with all the dips and gullies those roads traversed, I could see why you would be concerned in a more heavy rain. Glad it worked out well. I missed going to the wineries. It was a beautiful part of the country to visit and if I didn't have to drive through west Texas again to get there (long, straight, boring sections of Interstate roads), I would return in my own car. I would not hesitate to return with more time to relax and explore, but I think I would fly and get a rental.

I know the enthusiasm level for Fredericksburg was less than ideal, but those who didn't go really missed out. It was a great S2KDays and I am glad to have had the opportunity to experience Texas hill country. Added benefit that I got to go see family in Austin too. And Petrol Lounge... THAT was an unexpected treat!
                                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

I remember that storm. It rained so hard you could not 2 FT in front of the car.

Comment

Working...
                                          X