X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha

Comment

• Happy Monday.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• But today is Tuesday.
        Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
        After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

• It is now Friday and it looks like it will be a nice weekend.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

• I am looking forward to a nice weekend in the office.
            2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Originally posted by speedracer View Post
              I am looking forward to a nice weekend in the office.
              That does not sound like much Porsche restoration will be taking place.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

• I will try to make some Porsche progress this evening.

Comment

• I finished my office work early. The past few weeks I have been helping one of ms speed racers friend install some fog land gets on her Cadillac. Let’s call her aunt speed racer. So aunti s has this caddy suv with terrible headlights. We added the fog lights using the official gm kit. To make to stock switch Beira we had to take it to the dealer to make the computer talk to the switch. So a week later they finally get it working. Faith in my car repair skills was restored. Then it can time to pass inspection. Apparently they cleared the codes on the car computer and it will not pass inspection until it has gone through 5 special drive cycles. So the guys inspecting the car last weekend told aunty s to drive it for another 100 miles or so to go through all the drive cycles. Another week goes by. She goes to the caddy dealer it still has only gone through 3 drive cycles. I am called into the dealership to talk emissions jargon and have been provided the insiders guide how to force the car into the two remaining drive cycles. This is where it gets fun.

Comment

• The majic drive cycle requires a cold start so I take the car to the house and put the fans in the engine bay to cool it off. At the end of the procedure you are required to stop the car and wait 45 minutes. I have about fifteen minutes left to wait then back to the dealer to see if I have been successful.

Comment

• My reputation as a car guy is in the line!

Comment

• 2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• No, it is not a red car.

Comment

• nice picture
                            Coop
                            Life Member 57
                            KE0BND
                            What other people think of me, is none of my business
                            It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

• Back at the dealership. I have a new understanding of Cadillac drivers. If you ever see them driving 20 mph under the speed limit or coasting off off ramps at 30 mph or driving 20 mph in a 40 zone or randomly stopping in a parking lot they are not crazy old Cadillac drivers they are simply making sure they have gone through the required Cadillac drive procedures required to pass emissions testing requirements .

Comment

• Relaxing dealership with fellow caddy owners

Comment

• 2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• Sadly I failed the caddie driving test. The car is still not ready for emission testing .

Comment

• That's just ridiculous... but a lesson in demonic bureaucracy. Were the other Caddy owners commiserating with you about the hoops you had to jump through (and may still have to).
                                      Lesson one- renew smog certification before any electrical mods, heck...before taking it to the dealer for any electrical work.
                                      The fog lights sound like a good addition one way or the other...but man what a test of patience.
                                      Lesson two- This one is almost mandatory here in California (land of the complex intricate smog rules) cultivate a close friendly first name relationship with a local smog shop owner.
                                      (Treat him the way you would your favorite bartender)
                                      Out of curiosity, was there a stock headlight bulb swap available you could install to get brighter light out of the stock lights?
                                      Good luck, fingers crossed!
                                      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

• Stuka thank you for your kind thoughts. The caddy headlights are a know issue but is complex. One issue is that the projectors tend to go bad and then there is a secondary issue with bulb brightness. Then to make it even more difficult there is a giant a piller. The fog lights help fill in the primary headlights. They fixed it in the next gen of the same caddy

Comment

• It is a nice car and is fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                          X