Red Car Racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Flash floods are no joke. And with all the dips and gullies those roads traversed, I could see why you would be concerned in a more heavy rain. Glad it worked out well. I missed going to the wineries. It was a beautiful part of the country to visit and if I didn't have to drive through west Texas again to get there (long, straight, boring sections of Interstate roads), I would return in my own car. I would not hesitate to return with more time to relax and explore, but I think I would fly and get a rental.

I know the enthusiasm level for Fredericksburg was less than ideal, but those who didn't go really missed out. It was a great S2KDays and I am glad to have had the opportunity to experience Texas hill country. Added benefit that I got to go see family in Austin too. And Petrol Lounge... THAT was an unexpected treat!
    I am glad you enjoyed the Texas trip. I have always been surprised by the great roads and attractions we enjoy at every s2kdays. It is a challenge to plan those perfect days of driving and organizing just the right events. For the events at Fredericksburg, the wine tour was one of the highlights that resulted in everyone having a good time and creating a special memory.

Looking forward to this year.
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
      For the events at Fredericksburg, the wine tour was one of the highlights that resulted in everyone having a good time and creating a special memory.
      Yeah, wineries and the local museum were on my agenda that day, but there were technical things to do for the banquet presentation and not enough hours in the day. I was glad to see the smiling faces in the pictures though, and everyone certainly returned from the wine trip looking happy.
      -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
      California Dreamin'

​May is Mental Health Awareness Month.

Support and spread awareness. https://www.mentalhealthamerica.net

Comment

Thank you for helping out that day.
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
          Thank you for helping out that day.
          You are most welcome, John. It was a surprise to us all that there was an issue with the usual equipment for the presentation, and I'm just glad I happened to have what we needed. But really, I think it was all of us that owed you and Sean and George a thank you for all the efforts you put in. The location really was lovely. It had charm. And alcohol.

I honestly wish I had won the artwork map of the drive route during the prizes drawing. That was cool. (I'm not kidding either.)
          -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
          California Dreamin'

​May is Mental Health Awareness Month.

Support and spread awareness. https://www.mentalhealthamerica.net

Comment

Happy Saturday.

Comment

Happy Mother’s Day.

Comment

Happy Monday.

Comment

Happy Monday. (Especially since it is now very close to 5 o'clock on Monday!)

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
                  Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Happy Monday indeed! Got the transmission installed yesterday. Also got my Wilwood rotors on and 2 of my new wheels came in! Got some work to do on the brakes, engine electrical, and fuel system, but the Red Rocket is nearing completion.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Good job Rocketman.

Comment

What's the progress on the 944 and the S600? You couldn't have wasted your entire weekend on flowers and junk, right? Look, your kid is successful on his own and out of the house, so her job as a mother is done. Time to focus on important stuff.

sigpic
                        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Happy Tuesday!

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
                          Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                            What's the progress on the 944 and the S600? You couldn't have wasted your entire weekend on flowers and junk, right? Look, your kid is successful on his own and out of the house, so her job as a mother is done. Time to focus on important stuff.
                            Rocketman. You hit the nail on the head. The entire weekend was devoted to pampering and serving mothers. It involved flowers and feasting. Special breakfasts. Lunches and a huge dinner that took two of us 4 hours to prepare. The whole weekend is focused on mom

Comment

The more you allow these silly distractions to get in your way, the longer your cars will sit and rot. I think mother's day would have been better spent teaching Mrs. speedracer righty-tighty, lefty-loosey.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                                The more you allow these silly distractions to get in your way, the longer your cars will sit and rot. I think mother's day would have been better spent teaching Mrs. speedracer righty-tighty, lefty-loosey.
                                I have many distractions right now . However once I get going again I will make quick work of the Porsche.

Comment

When I grow up I want to be just like Rocketman and finish all of my car projects.

Comment

The Porsche will never be quick. I cannot claim that my red Mustang will be quicker than a silver or black or blue Mustang, but I can claim with some certainty that it will be quicker than your red Porsche.

Mostly because it will run.

sigpic

Comment

This is a race to get the car street legal. I have confidence that your 50 year old will prevent you from passing a basic safety inspection.

Comment

You should have more confidence in yourself to finish what you started rather than hope for my failure...

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry Rocketman. I am lashing out in frustration

Comment

Working...
                                          X