No announcement yet.

Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is “maint” and why is he/she “REQD” ? I have been driving around for months and this seems that my car is telling me that I have to give some person named “maint” a ride. It is an annoying little red light in the dash. I have no idea who maint is or why they are reqd . I am thinking maint should get his own car and leave me alone. Does anybody else have a problem with maint and has anybody found a way to get the maint person to leave them alone?

perhaps there is some ritual to perform to quell the insistent maint reqd light on the dash. I have heard of some strange combination of key turning and button pushing that may be used to make maint go away for some time. However I have also heard that after a time maint always wants another ride.

if you are aware of the maint go away ritual please help me out !
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• Quite sure it is some combination of holding down the + button and turning the key to the acc position. That gets Maint to be optional for a period of time.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

• Originally posted by speedracer View Post
        Who is “maint” and why is he/she “REQD” ? I have been driving around for months and this seems that my car is telling me that I have to give some person named “maint” a ride. It is an annoying little red light in the dash. I have no idea who maint is or why they are reqd . I am thinking maint should get his own car and leave me alone. Does anybody else have a problem with maint and has anybody found a way to get the maint person to leave them alone?

perhaps there is some ritual to perform to quell the insistent maint reqd light on the dash. I have heard of some strange combination of key turning and button pushing that may be used to make maint go away for some time. However I have also heard that after a time maint always wants another ride.

if you are aware of the maint go away ritual please help me out !
        The mistress

it keeps costing you money
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
        Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post

The mistress

it keeps costing you money
          She keeps me happy during my otherwise dull existence on the planet.

however this MANT person has to go!
          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

• I named mine Lola for a reason! As in "What Lola wants, Lola gets!" not the other song.
            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

• I am pleased to announce that all of my red cars are running perfectly. All of the have passed state safety inspection requirements . I am starting a cross country trip in the 1984 Porsche tomorrow morning.

Comment

• On this day in automotive history May 1st 2021. (Hopefully not an April Fools Day prank)

All speedracer red cars running and legal day!
                2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

I am pleased to announce that all of my red cars are running perfectly. All of the have passed state safety inspection requirements . I am starting a cross country trip in the 1984 Porsche tomorrow morning.
                  Are you bringing it to me to buy?
                  Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                  After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

• Happy April’s fools day. One red car is running. One red car with dead battery not running and not street legal. Porsche still in many parts no where close to running.

Comment

• I knew it was too good to be true!
                      On the bright side, without work to do on them you could go mad from boredom. Or worse, start getting in Mrs. Speedracer's way.

Comment

• Yes it was too good to be true .

Comment

Happy April’s fools day. One red car is running. One red car with dead battery not running and not street legal. Porsche still in many parts no where close to running.
                          didn't this happen last year?????
                          Coop
                          Life Member 57
                          Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
                          It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
                          Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

• Yes it did coop and it will happen again next year.

Comment

Working...
                            X