Red Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Car Racing

So, who's red car will be racing first? Rocketman's 1973 Mach I classic muscle car or Speedracer's Porsche 944 basket case?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Sean, are you actually planning to track your Mustang? I didn't think you were doing that kind of restoration.

If I was a betting woman, I would say the Mustang will be in a more complete state of roadworthiness before the 944.

But I don't gamble. (Yeah... that's bullshit. Life's a gamble everyday.)
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
    ​​​​​​
    Quote of the Month:

In response to What time is... Will there be... Are we... How do we...

"RTFP!"
    -Gene Strupe

Comment

At this moment I would put my money on Rocketman. I have been busy at work lately and made limited progress.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Happy Friday.
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
          Sean, are you actually planning to track your Mustang? I didn't think you were doing that kind of restoration.

If I was a betting woman, I would say the Mustang will be in a more complete state of roadworthiness before the 944.

But I don't gamble. (Yeah... that's bullshit. Life's a gamble everyday.)
          At this point, I really don't know what the final configuration will be. I have never driven the car, have no idea when it last ran, and am focused right now on getting it running, driving, and stopping. I'm trying to keep it as stock as possible, given the crazy engine build, but if I do take it to a track, it will probably be a very straight track and considerably shorter than the tracks we're all used to.

sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
            At this moment I would put my money on Rocketman. I have been busy at work lately and made limited progress.
            That was close to my logic. You definitely have multiple car projects right now whereas Sean has fewer (leastwise about which he posts). I know he does other kinds of projects, but he hasn't posted about those in a long time.
            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
            ​​​​​​
            Quote of the Month:

"RTFP!"
            -Gene Strupe

Comment

Happy beautiful Battle of the Flowers day from the Alamo City.

https://www.battleofflowers.org/about-us/history/

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
              Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

The “race” is focused on the person that can get the red car street legal with an inspection sticker that runs drives stops. It is most likely the challenge will be who can take there car out of town on a drive and make it back without the use of a flatbed tow truck.

Comment

Rocketman may have made a serious miscalculation at the start of the project by starting with a silver car repair budget. As he continues to move along he is discovering that Red projects are 3x more expensive due to exotic red car parts that are more expensive and only available at the red car parts store known to others as eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post

Cool. I like red flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post

Way cool George! I'm sure most folks outside of SA have no idea of the significance of this event.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                        Rocketman may have made a serious miscalculation at the start of the project by starting with a silver car repair budget. As he continues to move along he is discovering that Red projects are 3x more expensive due to exotic red car parts that are more expensive and only available at the red car parts store known to others as eBay.
                        Luckily, Rocketman invested in some rental property a few years ago that is largely paying for his red car habit. I am astounded at the number of one-off parts that I'm buying. I recently purchased a brass adapter for my power steering pump that cost me almost $20. A single brass adapter! I also purchased a Master Body Bolt Kit, which is freakin AWESOME! 3 dozen ziplock bags full of brand new bolts, screws, nuts, spacers, etc., each one marked for what it is for - fenders, headlight supports, door hinges, front bumper, battery tray, windshield wiper arm pivots...... WOW!

sigpic

Comment

I love getting car parts in the mail . It so exciting to open up the little bags of new bolts and nuts .
                          Last edited by speedracer; 04-26-2019, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

Luckily, Rocketman invested in some rental property a few years ago that is largely paying for his red car habit. I am astounded at the number of one-off parts that I'm buying. I recently purchased a brass adapter for my power steering pump that cost me almost $20. A single brass adapter! I also purchased a Master Body Bolt Kit, which is freakin AWESOME! 3 dozen ziplock bags full of brand new bolts, screws, nuts, spacers, etc., each one marked for what it is for - fenders, headlight supports, door hinges, front bumper, battery tray, windshield wiper arm pivots...... WOW!
                            What a head start. That is a great service, and labeled no less. I'm not gonna ask how much they got for it, it was worth it!
                            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

My 944 has its own store that is fully dedicated to people crazy enough to own a 944. So you don’t believe me. Look up 944 online.

Comment

On April 27, 1979 I took Ms Speedracer on our first date. So if you are super good at math you will be able to calculate that we have been dating for 40 years. We are on a nice date tonight watching a high school musical. Also had dinner at a nice Italian place.

On our our first date we were in a 1977 Impala. We saw a movie went to a pizza place and the drove home on a nice two lane road.

Comment

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

​​​​​​
                                  Quote of the Month:

"RTFP!"
                                  -Gene Strupe

Comment

Happy Monday.

Comment

I wonder if Rocketman made any progress.

Comment

Fuel lines are hooked up, power steering is hooked up, alternator is hooked up, plus a few miscellaneous things. I need to get some expert advice on the engine electrical for the gauges, tach, choke, and temp sensor, but we're getting there. New brake master goes in this week as well as building up the headlight housings and grille support/hood latch. Then the front end can go back together. I plan to stab the tranny this weekend and hook up the starter. Still a couple of weeks away from turning the key and crossing my fingers.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X