California rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California rain

I hope that our members in California are safe and are surviving the rain storms impacting their area.
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

We get heavy rain in Texas and it can move from an inconvenience to a life threatening situation in a few minutes . Please be careful!
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

It's mainly the coastal areas, but everyone is getting a long deluge. Last year we couldn't get enough rain (be careful what you wish for). Reservoirs are full, but a lot of old trees are down. It's so sad to see some of the oldest ancient redwoods gone. We're wet where we are but both south of us in Gilroy and the coastal towns and north of us in Marin are both getting hit pretty hard.
      It's an equal opportunity disaster, the rich folks in Montecito are completely flooded and evacuated.
      On the home front Lola is safely in the garage under her car cover and I have a couple of hundred palm branches in my front yard
      And a yard waste bin the size of a thimble.
      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
        I hope that our members in California are safe and are surviving the rain storms impacting their area.
        Thanks for posting this. I was just coming out here to do this.

We are seeing the stories on the news about the rains that are coming in systems one after the other, and the burned areas being at risk for (as the National Weather guy put it), "landslides, rock slides and mudslides." Yikes. My friends in LA said that they are ok. Hoping this remains the case for everyone.

Up here in Minnesota we are reaping the effects of a lot of this precip as well. I got 20" of snow over a 3 day period last week. It's beautiful.
        This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
          It's mainly the coastal areas, but everyone is getting a long deluge. Last year we couldn't get enough rain (be careful what you wish for). Reservoirs are full, but a lot of old trees are down. It's so sad to see some of the oldest ancient redwoods gone. We're wet where we are but both south of us in Gilroy and the coastal towns and north of us in Marin are both getting hit pretty hard.
          It's an equal opportunity disaster, the rich folks in Montecito are completely flooded and evacuated.
          On the home front Lola is safely in the garage under her car cover and I have a couple of hundred palm branches in my front yard
          And a yard waste bin the size of a thimble.
          I am glad you are okay. We certainly would not want to have any silver cars need to leave the safety of thier garages.

Comment

More rain. I continue to hope everyone is okay.

Comment

I am glad you are okay. We certainly would not want to have any silver cars need to leave the safety of thier garages.
              No stable is complete without a "beater" for just this kind of situation!
              2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

It is common to have your lifted f250 as you high water vehicle in Houston. However when the flood waters at 6 ft deep in the neighborhood then even that is not enough. So the preferred rescue vehicle is an aluminum flat bottom boat

Comment

There is an online communication system called the Cajun navy . However I am not sure they are set up for California .

Comment

It is common to have your lifted f250 as you high water vehicle in Houston. However when the flood waters at 6 ft deep in the neighborhood then even that is not enough. So the preferred rescue vehicle is an aluminum flat bottom boat
                    Amphicar is the answer to the unasked question!

Comment

I had also been wondering about our California members. I pray that you are all staying safe. Take care, everyone.
                      S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019 | Bellaire, MI 2020/2021 | Natural Bridge State Park, KY 2022 ‚Äč

Rose Mary
                      Casselton, ND

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post

No stable is complete without a "beater" for just this kind of situation!
                        This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Working...
                        X