Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE Regional Director - Introduction

"Please allow me to introduce myself..."

I just wanted to give a quick introduction so that I can help you, to help me, to help you, to help me, to help you, make this a vibrant and active S2kca region.

I will be sending messages directly to chapter directors to get the low down on what's happening in your area.

As you all are (or perhaps, are not) aware the S2000 (both the car and owner) is in a bit of an identity crisis. Though the car is not yet a classic, it is now on it's 4th or 5th or 10th owner. Because of this, central leadership has been negligible as social media and "Instafamous" has replaced forum based communication. That being said, there's always a happy medium that I will attempt to identify. Hopefully this unites owners of all ages, tastes, and experiences to ride under the banner of the Sports 2000.

A little about me:

Currently live in Durham, NC by way of Asheville, NC. I'm originally from Flint, Mi where i was the only person driving a Honda within 100 miles. My wife and I enjoy Formula 1, Minor League Baseball, the Mountains, BBQ, Wine, the Ocean, home projects, running/biking/lifting, and Antiquing.
    I work in the Nonwovens & Engineered Materials Industry. That's just a fancy way of saying wipes, diapers, FemCare, and filtration products. I am an avid preserver of S2000 history and I'm in the process of restoring my car to a "Honda Catalog Car."

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions, suggestions, or complaints.

See you on the roads,
    Justin

-Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Nice introduction post, Justin! It looks like you and I work (worked) in related industries. I can definitely identify with the first and third items in your list.
      Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 134,000 miles
      2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 37,000 miles

Comment

That’s a good one Justin...See you & Mel at the Dragon, in a few days...
        MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

As a newer member, it's great to see your post. Look forward to meeting you at the Dragon. I'm originally from Charlotte, my Twin lives in Raleigh. These OKI Guys have made owning anS2000 a very pleasurable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Fsulli6 View Post
            As a newer member, it's great to see your post. Look forward to meeting you at the Dragon. I'm originally from Charlotte, my Twin lives in Raleigh. These OKI Guys have made owning anS2000 a very pleasurable experience.
            I can't find your registration for Rock the Dragon 2018. Can you check to make sure that your PayPal payment was received. I'm worried that your payment didn't go through.

-ken
            Upcoming events:

Spring Fling 2019 - May 31-June 2, 2019 - Shamokin Dam, PA - We're doing it again! Registration will open December 01, 2018

Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019.See you at the Dragon. Registration opens December 15, 2018.

Tomcatt 14 - June 14-16, 2019. Marietta, OH - Rt 26! Rt 555, Some of the best roads in the US. Registration is FREE Register HERE!

Great people, great times, great car.
            2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
            2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

C. H. Douglas

Comment

Justin, congratulations on being named SERD
              David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
              '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
              '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
              '11 Ford Ranger Sport
              '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'